Reporting to and working directly with the SVP of Canada East Sales, you will take responsibility for achieving the regional annual Gross Transaction Value ("GTV"), Commission Revenue and Sales Contribution targets through the development of territory sales managers, new business development and key account management. All regional sales staff will report directly or indirectly to the RSM.
In this role you'll:
- Along with the SVP of Sales, and in alignment with the corporate strategy, plan, develop and execute the annual regional business plan (Playbooks) and related sales growth strategies and tactics to deliver annually targeted and longer term regional financial performance.
- Work with the VP of Sales, the Corporate Marketing team and Territory Managers to formulate and execute on marketing strategies, objectives and initiatives that are aligned with the corporate marketing strategy.
- Manage the performance accountability of Territory Managers and other direct reports for the region including succession planning, career planning and compensation.
- Ensure all aspects of deal execution are carried out: price all risk deals, manage deal strategy and approvals, balance risk on deals including the consideration of longer term implications, resolve/approve value debt issues and participate in the preparation and presentation of all large customer deals.
- Manage and promote appraisal quality and accuracy as well as maintain set appraisal key performance indicators (KPI's)
- Serve as the lead in fostering a culture of clear direct communication within the region and throughout Ritchie Bros. so that roles and responsibilities are understood, inter-region and interdepartmental cooperation is encouraged, and employee engagement is maximized.
- Develop a strong partnership with the Regional Operations Manager ("ROM") in your region to promote a high level of communication between the RSM and the ROM, including meeting regularly with the ROM to review overall financial performance for the region and develop plans to deal with problems or issues.
- Partner with the ROMs to deliver a consistent auction experience to our consignors, bidders and buyers by adhering to established auction policies and procedures and by championing best practice solutions.
- Ensure regional activities meet with and integrate with organizational requirements for quality management, health and safety, legal stipulations, environmental policies and general duty of care.
- Promote a culture where the health and safety of our employees and customers is top priority for all.
- Lead Ritchie Bros. Core Values – It's all about our customers, We have fun, We do what is right, We are one team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the SVP of Sales.
- Actively support the RB Unreserved Commitment to Safety: to send everyone home, every day, the way they came to work, by taking personal responsibility for your safety and safety of your team, co-workers and customers.
Here's what you bring:
- A university degree in the field of Business Management or Commerce and/or 10 years of related work experience.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience managing and/or directing a field sales team in a quota-driven business environment.
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing sales initiatives and business plans to support evolving business goals, including delivering and executing sales growth strategies.
- Knowledge of or experience working in the Industrial sector particularly with equipment
- Strong business acumen: knowledge of business theory, business processes and operations, management principles and budgets.
- Strong leadership, management and coaching skills are essential.
- A high degree of customer service orientation. You care about building authentic and long-lasting relationships with customers.
- Previous experience working effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluency (oral and written) in English.