The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) for Ply Gem Windows operates independently to manage and direct Territory Sales Representatives within the Northwest region to achieve sales and profit goals through the design and recommendation of sales strategies and marketing programs.
Maintain customer interaction and identify current regional trends and product requirements.
This position facilitates resolution to sales, credit, production and after-the-sale service challenges between the customer, the outside salesperson and the company. The incumbent must be able to balance company policies and procedures, while maintaining sales objectives and margins.
Position will be based in Seattle or greater metropolitan surrounding area or Portland.
This position is responsible for developing, leading and executing in the following areas:
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers
- Hire, retain, direct, develop and motivate sales managers
- Strategically evaluate sales strategy within the region
- Recommend the addition of new products or the modification or elimination of existing items
- Prepare forecast of anticipated sales volume
- Develop and execute strategic plans for target accounts that result in sustained growth
- Develop and execute growth strategies for major metropolitan markets that result in market share growth
- Set performance and development goals for sales managers and insure performance and development plans are in place for all staff
- Prepare budgets and forecasts; analyze and approve expense statements; prepare sales reports
- Travel in the field, calling on present and prospective customers and supporting Territory Sales representatives as needed
- Coordinate participation at distributor and consumer shows within the region
- Evaluate performance of Territory Sales Representatives against objectives and take necessary steps to address gaps
- Assist in or coordinate resolution of credit problems with accounts by maintaining communication with Territory Sales Representatives on specific account problems and assisting when necessary to resolve these issues
- Review and analyze sales reports to track customer activity and performance
- Demonstrated success developing and implementing alternative strategies such as bringing a new product to a new market, an existing product to a new market or an existing product to a new channel
- BS/BA in a relevant discipline required
- 5 years of progressively responsible experience that includes proven managerial effectiveness
- Consumer products experience strongly preferred
- Product Management experience preferred
- Window experience desirable
- Heavy travel required