Regional Sales Manager- Northeast- Industrial Hydraulics
Regional Sales Manager- Industrial Hydraulics is responsible for all sales activities in the northeast. The primary focus will be on development of new distribution partners supporting industrial hydraulic filtration applications with end users. Additionally, prospecting for new business, through direct sales efforts both with end users and with OEM prospects.
- Present and sell Industrial Hydraulics products & services to current and potential distributors and customers.
- Prepare action plans and schedules to identify specific customer targets for new business growth.
- Identify, develop and follow-up on new leads, prospects & referrals resulting from field activity, inside sales efforts and tradeshows.
- Prepare presentations, proposals and sales contracts when required.
- Develop and maintain sales materials and current product knowledge.
- Be able to work and communicate effectively with Engineering, Customer Service, and Sales Management to assure sales growth.Establish and maintain current client and potential customer relationships.
- Develop and maintain strong distributor partners to serve customers within assigned territory.
- Identify and resolve customer concerns.
- Prepare a variety of status reports including itineraries, timely call reports & expense reports, review monthly sales reports to monitor customer performance and evaluate appropriate business actions, forecast annual territory sales, report pertinent customer data, gather and report on competitive activity and other information.
- Communicate new product and service opportunities, special developments, and information or feedback gathered through field activity to appropriate company staff.
- Coordinate company staff to accomplish the work required to close sales.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales goals within assigned territory.
- Direct annual sales forecasting and annual sales budget for assigned territory.
- Travel will be required 60-70% of the time.
- 4-year degree in engineering/technical field or equivalent relevant experience preferred
- 3-5 years minimum of industrial sales experience in a distribution model
- Knowledge of Industrial Hydraulics distributors, customers and applications preferred
- Fluid Power Certification preferred
- Experience with CRM – Salesforce a plus
- Ability to persuade and influence others
- Strong communication and writing skills required.
- Proven track record of successfully increasing territory sales volume