The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for achieving the necessary sales to run a profitable Region by creating and managing an effective sales team, while driving business as an active Outside Sales Representative. As an integral part of the management team, the RSM will foster the development and implementation of best-practices for sales management. S/he will play a key role in developing project proposals, managing the sales presentation process, coaching and developing Sales Representatives, and driving continuous improvement throughout the sales process. This role will manage 10-15 sales reps and will be responsible for monthly sales between $1-2 Million.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive business as an active Outside Sales Representative as well as recruit, train, and manage a team of Outside Sales Representatives.
- Responsible for the recruiting, hiring, leadership, development and performance of all sales activities within assigned business unit. Staffs and directs sales team.
- Responsible for reviewing and analyzing daily, weekly and monthly sales reports and Salesforce dashboards, and reporting such analytics to the Executive team regularly.
- Responsible for driving continuous improvement of sales staff competencies and skills
- Insures that all sales staff meets or exceeds all standards that include close rates, lead generation, number of appointments, number of sold projects, gross margin targets, and project average price targets
- Conducts one-on-one reviews with all sales staff to build more effective communications, to understand training and development needs, and to provide for the improvement of sales staff and performance
- Provides guidance, mentoring and coaching to sales staff to ensure optimal performance and accountability
- Prepares action plans by individuals as well as by team for effectively building and acquiring of sales leads and opportunities. Assists in the development and implementation of marketing plans as needed
- Provides competitive market analysis of competition, and develops business plans and sales strategies to grow revenue
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Drive customer satisfaction and customer referrals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum of five years sales and management experience with a proven track record of success in building and leading a highly successful sales organization.
- Experience in managing a sales team of 10-25
- Past P&L responsibility and a strong focus on profitability and results.
- Ability to identify and develop strategic growth plans for market growth and expansion.
- Proficiency with CRM tools, specifically Salesforce.com.
- Strong technical acumen, including technical and economic aspects of solar or other high-tech products and services.
- Strong organizational skills and adaptability in a fast-paced environment. Strong work ethic, positive, enthusiastic, and self-driven.