Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager to direct the sales development of the Rocky Mountains and South Central USA areas by directly managing a team of sales professionals with specified account responsibility. In this role, the Regional Sales Manager will manage distributor and direct channel sales representative relationships by working closely with multiple departments in developing strategic plans that drive revenue and share growth, promotes the Pentair brand, products and image, propels sales programs and policies, and reports results to management. The role can be based out of either TX or CO; interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of sales professionals by setting vision and strategy for the team; this person will serve as a role model through coaching and development of their direct reports.
- Responsible for achievement of sales quota in assigned region through personal account growth responsibility and overseeing the team’s efforts.
- Develop & execute annual revenue plan, including providing quarterly, semi-annual, and annual formal business reports.
- Organize & coordinate regional sales by administering and communicating policies, procedures, and objectives through direct channel sales representatives and contracted representatives.
- Review distributors, sales agents, and direct channel sales representative’s sales performance on a regular basis through quarterly, mid-year, and annual business reviews (this will involve identifying areas of improvement and making changes where needed).
- Meet with sales organization, distributors, sales agents, and customers on a regular basis to develop & maintain a strong relationship built on mutual strategies, and keeping them informed about products, product lines, and production capabilities.
- Participate & represent in regional thought leadership events, including trade shows and industry events; this includes membership and active participation in boards such as CFESA, FSCI, SCAA, etc.
- Liaison with product management, marketing, customer service, product development, and applications engineering staff (including joint sales calls and consistent communication from the field).
- Responsible for managing contract negotiations with distributors, brokers, and end-users while working closely with the company’s legal and finance departments.
- Effectively manage utilization of CRM tools, both to manage personal opportunities as well as team opportunities (including closing marketing & tech service generated leads).
- Travel up to 80%, including day trips and overnight trips.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree is highly desired (additional relevant sales management experience will be considered in lieu of academic qualifications).
- 5+ years of professional experience in sales and/or marketing of technical products.
- Experience in leading sales teams, direct or indirect, is preferred.
- Experience with managing distribution partners and working with strategic accounts is preferred.
- Experience working with commercial clients is preferred; additional experience working with residential, light industrial, and/or OEM clients is a plus.
- Experience working with Water Filtration and/or Water Purification products is a plus.
- Ability to use basic technical tools is preferred; experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, & Outlook) and Salesforce CRM is a plus.
- Relevant certification (CFSP, CWS, and/or WQA) is a plus.
- Driven to win.
- Develop and coach talent.
- Build a sense of shared purpose and vision.
- Build and sustain relationships.
- Inspire trust and open communication.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effectively negotiate when necessary.
- Formal presentation skills.
- Act with integrity.