Regional Sales Manager
8 - 10 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive sales strategy plan to maximize Penguin's opportunities in the High Performance Computing market of the Northeastern Region of the US. The main goals of this position are to drive sales of our full suite of HPC products and services in target markets in the commercial and higher education spaces. Products include but are not limited to HPC hardware systems, HPC cloud, HPC software; system management, private cloud and remote visualization software, Managed
Services and Professional Services. DUTIES:
- Set and drive territory strategy leading the territory team including an inside sales representative and a sales engineer.
- Own all aspects of territory management including but not limited to identifying and closing new accounts, growing existing accounts, customer visits and presentations, capitalizing on the sales aspects of strategic relationships, revenue forecasting.
- Coordinate activities (quoting and configuring systems) of regional inside account managers.
- Manage accurate data within systems and use that data to drive territory direction and team behavior for increased growth.
- Capture, understand and report on territory activities to sales management
- Engage and develop regional partner ecosystem
- 50% or more travel within designated territory
- BS in Business or Engineering
- Minimum 7-10 years sales experience in consultative technical sales (systems, software and solutions sales preferred)
- Engineering or systems background is a plus
- Demonstrated successful track record in HPC sales to enterprise and higher
- education markets
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as consultative sales
- and negotiating skills are essential.
- A strong orientation for customer focus and teamwork
? Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to talk,
hear, sit. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision,
distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
Moderate to extensive keyboard activity required. Some lifting (up to 20lbs.) may
? Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule and overnight travel