$80K — $100K *
Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager will be accountable for leading a territory team of highly effective sales professionals, managing day to day activities that lead to results, coaching each team member to a defined sales process, and reinforcing the established sales culture. The Director will be responsible for managing the planning, organizing, controlling, attracting and developing assigned team. The successful individual will provide leadership, direction and motivation to the team of territory sales representatives selling data center warranty and related services. The Director will lead and enable a group of professionals to reach sales goals by developing tactical plans, applying effective strategies, providing necessary resources, and tracking progress.
What you’ll be doing:
• Works closely with the Territory and Channel Sales Leadership teams
• Directly responsible for driving revenue and advancing the Company’s business interests.
• Actively develops comprehensive sales plans; manages territory business plans to meet revenue goals and quotas.
• Builds targeted business plan / strategy for allocating resources and driving sales activities.
• Assists in planning sales strategy, managing the internal processes in support of sales reps.
• Builds, monitors and orchestrates sales pipeline to ensure continuous population of near to long term opportunities; manages the size, shape and quality of pipeline; analyzes overall win rates and win/loss ratios.
• Mentors and coaches Key Account Managers, Business Development Representatives and Sales Support Staff on sales process (prospecting to closing), activity standards, work discipline and consultative selling. Leads by example.
• Manages and assists Key Account Managers with sales tactics, identifying buying signals, handling objections and deal strategies for both existing and new customers in order to increase business and close deals.
• Conducts deal reviews weekly with each Key Account Manager, manages to metrics, tracks pipeline activity on a daily basis to yield results.
• Engages the right resources (including themselves) at the right times; such resources also include: pre-sales, field service, pricing, and staff support.
• Maintains intimate knowledge of deal stages, as well as the commitments to next steps within assigned territory.
• Assists individuals with understanding clients’ needs, qualifying opportunities, diagnosing and resolving issues.
• Hires and retains high caliber sales talent, efficiently on-boards as needed, understands current employee’s strengths and opportunities, off-boards non-performers.
• Responsible for partnering on curriculum development, on-boarding new employees, implementing sales force development plans and executing training.
• Motivates and supports sales teams in prospecting and selling, including a high level of support in the pursuit and closing of new and install base deals.
• Proactively assesses, manages, and documents employee performance to ensure individual and group excellence and provides essential feedback.
• Establishes and delivers weekly and targeted sales training and manages individual development plans to improve individual and sales team effectiveness.
• Effectively uses and reinforces the use of sales tools / metrics (GoldMine, CRM, Cisco, etc).
• Prepares and presents weekly comprehensive reports detailing team’s accomplishments and performance against plan.
• Assists team in developing and maintaining relationships with prospects, customers, internal resources and partners.
• Interacts daily with senior executives to accurately forecast business and communicate sales team progress.
• Reinforces the employee value proposition by being a positive role model.
• Other duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
Three to Five (3-5) years sales experience, required.
Technical/Technology related sales management experience, required.
Work results that include success in achieving progressively high quota or other sales related goals.
Demonstrated track record of customer acquisition and retention.
Proven ability to prospect, qualify, negotiate, manage and close deals.
Leadership experience with a documented record of achievement.
Proven experience motivating self and others.
Sales Team Lead Experience, preferred
Bachelor’s degree required.
Valid through: 12/15/2020