Regional Sales Manager, On - Premise Wine
5 - 7 years experience • Food & Beverage
Responsible for the sale of company products through subordinates in a particular geographical area. To establish goals and distribution/sales objectives within the region and to administrate same as directed by Executive Management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned or requested.
- Manages professional development of individual sales representatives, carefully monitoring and reviewing their progress.
- Assembles, motivates and leads an integrated sales team that will work together as a unit to achieve Company objectives.
- Establishes and maintains professional contact with all high-visibility accounts.
- Coordinates and monitor effectiveness of suppliers’ work-withs.
- Exemplifies leadership by being a positive role model while maintaining a dynamic, professional and ethical work environment for sales team, other employees, supplier partners and clients.
- Promotes and maximizes strategic relationships with all new and existing key accounts.
- Provides territory coverage when any of the sales representatives are on vacation or on leave of absence.
- Manages Sales Representatives’ day-to-day activity; responsibilities include proactive training, coaching and monitoring of individual performance and aiding in the establishment of performance targets and goals, while supervising their actions accordingly.
- Partners and aligns with suppliers’ representatives to understand their brands, sales projections, and provide coaching to the sales team to remain focused in securing additional market share.
- Develops new channels to effectively manage promotional programs with regard to competition and market dynamics.
- Responsible for annual employee job reviews and periodic performance evaluations.
- Responsible for employee conformity to Company policies as outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Minimum five (5) years’ regional or sales and service team management
- Progressive beverage industry experience and knowledge resulting in multi-faceted responsibilities
- Product knowledge: Fine Wine, spirits, and Craft Beer
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer literate – proficient in Microsoft office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
- Residing within the territory is preferred