At Novinium you’ll find that our culture is fueled by fun and teamwork. We are driven to succeed and our core values of safety, quality, integrity, innovation, and learning inspire us to be the best at what we do.
The Regional Sales Manager drives revenue and increases overall adoption of Novinium solutions in the sales territory.
This is a customer facing role with an emphasis on understanding Utility customer objectives and aligning Novinium solutions to meet those objectives.
The position requires a high level of customer engagement including meetings with key influencers and decision makers.
The position will work in partnership with Novinium Operations colleagues to ensure that customer and internal objectives are met.
The Regional Sales Manager develops new business and manages existing accounts.
The position works across multiple contact levels from VP levels to Project Management within Utility companies including Investor Owned Utilities, Municipalities and Cooperatives.
The Regional Sales Manager builds and maintains a network of colleagues, partners and customers to share information and advance business growth objectives.
Strategic / Challenger Account Selling
- Manage strategic account sales with the ability to shorten typically long buying cycles, navigate multi-person decision making, and ability to manage the RFP process
- Develop and communicate a strategic sales plan, with a calendar of action items designed to achieve business objectives
- Develop and deliver concise and compelling, customer focused presentations
- Align Novinium’s solutions to address customer needs
- Drive improvements in customer’s business by challenging the status quo
- Coordinate and rally customer champions to accelerate strategic initiatives
- Engage appropriate company resources to drive shared objectives
- Achieve annual revenue objectives
- Manage existing customer relationships and develop new business in a multi-state/province territory
- Present Novinium value proposition to prospective and existing customers
- Research and understand customer reliability, environmental sustainability and financial objectives to create compelling customer proposals
- Build a business plan to achieve new customer acquisition objectives and deliver growth and customer satisfaction across existing customer base
- Utilize company CRM system for sales pipeline, revenue forecast and contact management
- Present at key industry events/trade shows
- Communicate and resolve problems including securing change orders when scope changes
- Communicate project, administrative and market knowledge to internal departments
- BA Degree in Business, applied technical discipline or equivalent educationpreferred
- 5years of salesexperience in the Electrical Utility industry or other large account experiencerequired
- Must possess deep knowledge of operational practices, scaling large processes and executing key tasks with expert operating principals
- Understanding of the sales cycle, B2B and large account selling skills, cold calling, managing sales funnels, new business generation and prospecting
- Ability to inquire and understand customer’s objectives, needs, and concerns
- Must be a self-starter, tenacious, maintain a positive outlook, influential, committed, and strategic
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), CRM software (Salesforcepreferred), and virtual meeting software tools
- Able to lead and drive written proposals, including RFP responses
- Important personal attributes/skills include: communication, organizational skills, relationship building, and contract negotiation
- Must be able to travel extensively (60%) throughout a multi-state/province territory
- Use of personal vehicle for local travel needs is required. Standard mileage reimbursement will apply
- Position based in Atlanta, GA or Fort Lauderdale, FL area with headquarters office outside of Seattle, WA
- This position works in a typical office environment
- Extensive travel is required
Novinium offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, paid time off, paid holidays and a 401(k) plan with a company match.
Novinium is the only full-service power cable expert that partners with utility companies of all sizes to keep their networks operating at peak performance, using the most advanced, cost-efficient, environmentally friendly methods available. Novinium’s founder and CEO invented the revolutionary technology behind underground cable rejuvenation 30+ years ago, and the company continues to champion ways to keep power flowing to those who depend on it. We are also a proud recipient of best places to work award from Seattle Met Magazine.