General Summary: The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for establishing, growing, and maintaining a strong presence within the assigned CI Sales Region. The RSM will be responsible for building and maintaining strong customer relationships which foster sales and growth for the region and Core Brands. The RSM must be successful in meeting and exceeding assigned quota and KPI’s.
- Develop and implement strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals
- Direct sales forecasting activities and set performance goals accordingly
- Review market analyses to determine customer needs
- Direct channel development activity and coordinate sales distribution of territories, quotas, and goals
- Advise reps, dealers, distributors, and clients concerning sales and advertising techniques
- Analyze sales statistics to assist dealers in promoting sales
- Represent company at trade shows to promote product
- Deliver sales presentations to key clients
- Deliver effective sales and technical training to our customers and manufacturing rep partners
- Meet with clients to maintain relationships, negotiate and close deals
- Analyze and control expenditures of channel to conform to budgetary requirements
- Prepare periodic sales reports showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Participate in product research and provide company with new product ideas and features
- Monitor and evaluate competitors’ activities and products. Provide competitive intelligence
- Responsible for managing and directing company’s independent rep organization to achieve company goals
- Work with the Regional Technical Specialist in the territory to ensure proper training and advanced technical support for reps and customers
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Qualifications:
- 5 to 7 years sales experience in channel sales management (rep groups, distributors, accounts) in the CI space
- Demonstrated successful sales skills core competencies
- Exceptional negotiation, motivational, relationship-building, and client service skills
- Energetic, dynamic, enthusiastic personality
- Self-starter, self-motivated individual
- Ability to travel domestically approximately 70%of the time
- Intermediate to advanced experience in sales reporting utilizing CRM (such as. Salesforce.com), and MS Office applications required
- Experience with NetSuite or other ERP system a plus
- Flexible and adaptable, adjusts to changing priorities in fast-growth, dynamic environment
- An interest in consumer electronic products and training in technically related areas in order to best represent products and relate to the channel
- Ability to apply sound judgement.
Physical Requirements: Essential functions of this job require the following minimal physical demands. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable the individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
- The employee is frequently required to sit.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to [Enter Number] pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision
Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sufficient clarity of speech and hearing or other communication capabilities, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to communicate effectively on the telephone and in person.
- Sufficient vision or other powers of observation, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to review documents and file them in a prescribed order, and organize documents and materials.
- Sufficient manual dexterity with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to frequently operate a personal computer (estimated 50%-70% of the typical workday) and other office equipment.
- Sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, with or without reasonable accommodation, which permits the employee to work in an office setting and at a keyboard for an extended period of time, considered to be approximately 50%-70% of the workday.
- Ability to sit, stand, and travel up to 70% of the time comfortably, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Disclaimer: The above statements reflect the general details considered necessary to decide the principal functions of the job identified, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job. Job incumbents are expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the position, department, or the business.