The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the overall performance of their assigned region providing leadership to their sales team that creates a motivational environment and sets the expectation of success.
• The RSM will review, modify if necessary, and approve strategically targeted, account-specific business plans developed by each sales representative in their region, that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces impacting product sales.
• The RSM schedules ride-a-longs and works one-on-one with sales representatives on product knowledge, call planning, territory management, relationship building and selling skills including opening, probing, supporting, overcoming objections and closing.
• In addition, the RSM will work closely with home office personnel to assist in the development of marketing plans, targeting strategies, incentive plans, sales training documents, etc.
• Bachelor degree and 3 -+ years pharmaceutical or biotech sales management experience, or proven indirect sales leadership experience in leading and managing teams with a track records of solid field-based performance.
• Neurology experience preferred
• Travel requirements (70%)