Regional Sales Manager As a National Instruments Regional Sales Manager, you will be leading a high performance team of sellers, representing a respected industry brand with highly differentiated products and extensive customer support capabilities. In this role you will grow your teams business acumen and strategic sales capabilities while consulting to a small set of high growth potential accounts. You and your team will establish NI as the preferred vendor for your customers and influence investment decisions, resulting in increased share of wallet. Through individual action and by working with your team to deploy extensive company and partner resources, you will help your team regularly qualify, advance and win sales opportunities while tackling and overcoming tough organizational and competitive challenges. You will enjoy collaborating in an open culture with coworkers and leaders who inspire you to new heights in your personal and professional development. In this important role, your leadership capability is amplified across your team, and key roles across the greater NI organization including, account managers, sales team manager, business development manager or product development, operations and support. This is an opportunity to develop a team, yourself and reap the rewards of your success – personal, career and financial. Position Overview The best NI Regional Sales Managers effectively balance their time invested across their sellers and their portfolio of accounts to maximize the development of their team and the Regions sustainable long-term revenue growth. Your sellers are responsible for all NI effort within their defined portfolio and must lead through influence to generate demand and close sales in identified areas of greatest opportunity. They inspire NI, partner and customer stakeholders to action and coordinate team activities to achieve co-authored objectives for top accounts. They are responsible for ensuring that customers receive the support they need to achieve long-term success that results in repeat business. Our sellers are highly technical and regularly apply their technical knowledge to consult with customer engineers and managers, understand their technical and business requirements, and recommend the best selection of NI products and services that meet their needs. Quick Summary NI Regional Sales Managers spend the majority of their time:
- Transforming sellers into world class sales professionals through sales coaching.
- Setting sales team direction and strategy
- Responbility for quota setting, territory design, recruiting, and forecasting.
- Motivating the teams planning and execution of territory and account development initiatives to generate demand in identified areas of greatest opportunity
- Working as a collaborator with your team to manage and close sales opportunities discovered as a result of account initiatives through collaborations with partners and internal NI resources
- Networking and discovery within assigned accounts to engage with new groups, create and sustain valued relationships with customer leadership, and identify new qualified sales opportunities Key Performance Objectives
- Achieve annual quota and quarterly targets by working with your team to close sales in your Region.
- Help Sellers generate demand for NI products through effective top account plans and overall territory strategy. Within the first 30 days, assess the current state of business within your region. Within 60 days, establish strong trusting relationships with your team and build a thorough understanding of the account plans and overall regional strategy. Within 90 days, work with your team to establish co-authored objectives and priorities with your top accounts through customer business reviews.
- Effectively lead NI and partner resources to close sales. Within the first 30 days, develop a clear understanding of all relevant team resources. Establish a system for keeping internal and partner stakeholders in sales opportunities informed and involved. Conduct quarterly top account plan reviews with your teams and the appropriate stakeholders. Work with your team to keep CRM documentation up to date with key activities and opportunities to enable effective internal collaboration and provide input to business forecasting. Take the lead in coordinating development of all client proposals.
- Work with your team to adapt and lead client presentations and product demonstrations. Be prepared to lead effective professional sales presentations and product demonstrations, adapted from existing enablement content or created in collaboration with Product Marketing and Systems Engineering. Great presentations and demonstrations begin with an attention-grabbing introduction, incorporate specific stories from the prospect's world that remind the audience of their painful current situation, and incorporate relevant success stories of NI implementations.
- Learn NI offering and relevant value proposition. Within 90 days learn the core NI services/solutions and be able to effectively present these solutions using cost-benefit, ROI and solution trade-off techniques. The knowledge learned will include: NI’s overall points of differentiation and value in key applications, business case modeling tools, high level sales enablement content, key technical white paper content, case studies, the NI web site and significant success stories to facilitate the sales process.
- Demonstrate account knowledge and ability to impact revenue by utilizing sales tracking systems and providing accurate forecasts. Within six months, develop an accurate 12 to 24 month account sales forecast. Effectively use Salesforce.com daily to provide organizational insight regarding active opportunities in all stages of the sales cycle.
The successful RSM candidate will typically have 7-15 yearsof experience working in a B2B high technology company with demonstrated impact in inside sales, or field sales, business development.
- Bachelor’s degree with major in Electrical, Computer, Mechanical Engineering, or Computer Science, or similar
- US citizenship due to customer security requirements
- Please note: National Instruments does not petition for H-1B or other work visas for this position