Regional Sales Manager - Central Valley, CA
Summary: Seeking to hire an experienced animal nutrition professional who has extensive experience in the U.S. Dairy market for the role of Regional Sales Manager. While regional sales management is the target market, travel to other areas of the country may be required. The optimal candidate must have a strong work ethic and be passionate about helping the company and customers achieve their goals. In order to thrive in our team-based atmosphere, he or she must be a good listener and contributor of thought leadership with a positive attitude. When working with customers, he or she must place a strong emphasis on their satisfaction. Primary responsibilities include working with a team to establish and grow our market position. This will require creating a strong product offering based on the candidate?s existing relationships and experiences with the target customers and his or her understanding our value proposition to them. This individual will meet with channel partners, as well as dairy customers, to work with their management teams and advisors to educate them on the benefits of the products. He or she will also call upon local and regional feed mills and distribution outlets to verify the products are in inventory, as well as in ample supply to meet market demand.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Achieve product sales goals within defined region, both volume and value, through direct sales and Value Added Resellers (VARS).
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with existing customers and provide them with technical and marketingsupport,
- Maintain significant relationships with dairy nutritionists,
- Establish network with VARS, provide technical salessupport to their sales team on company products,
- Conduct sales training for VARs?sales personnel,
- Conduct product information meetings for consulting nutritionists, producers, veterinarians, etc.,
- Contact potential customers and sources of new business and inform them of the products the company offers,
- Maintain a customer database of current customers and prospects,
- Maintain record of calls with customers and maintain an associated expense report,
- Assist with customer accounts receivables and collections,
- Develop and maintain contacts with veterinarians, university researchers, and local extension specialists,
- Attend trade shows to represent the company and keep abreast of the competition and the industry,
- Constantly monitor competitors? activities and products. Collect feed samples, public literature, and feed labels, and forward to management with recommendations for product improvement,
- Work with the company and marketing consultants to develop and implement product marketing plans,
Assessment of Performance
- Periodic achievement of business goals, as defined,
- Customer satisfaction and product loyalty,
- Soundness of operational decisions,
- Effectiveness of working relationships with customers, vendors, and company management team.
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer FLSA Status: Exempt
Qualifications and Competencies: Following are multiple criteria essential to meeting the requirements of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: The minimum requirements for education and experience are listed below. Consideration will be given to individuals with an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Bachelor?s degree in Animal or Dairy Science or related field and training in animal nutrition,
- Minimum 5years? successful salesexperience in the dairy animal nutrition field,
- High level understanding of ruminant nutrition,
- Practical experience or background with livestock.
- MUST have strong ruminant nutrition experience.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with basic office computer software, e.g., word processing, spreadsheet, email, and internet sites used to manage the business. Experience with CRM database programs preferable.
Communications: Strong written and verbal skills for correspondence in business emails, letters, memos, reports, and presentations are important along with the ability to work well in a team. Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work across the organization and interact/influence/negotiate effectively at all levels of management is required.
Organizational Skills: Skill and experience to identify, track communications, and execute logistics opportunities. Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills are required.
Certificates and Licenses: A valid driver?s license, favorable driving record, and valid insurance are required for this position.
- Identifies and analyzes problems with limited defined processes or procedures, proposes reasonable solutions, makes logical decisions and follows up accordingly,
- Works independently, sets priorities and organizes work effectively under time constraints,
- Maintains integrity of highly confidential business information,
- Displays orientation to profitability, working within approved budget, and developing and implementing cost-saving measures,
- Aligns work with strategic goals,
- Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibiting sound and accurate judgment, while supporting and explaining reasoning behind decisions,
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process,
- Makes timely decisions.
Work Environment / Physical Requirements: This position operates in many environments, including office buildings and working dairy farms, with occasional exposure to the process plant environment which may include exposure to noise, heat, and other indoor and outdoor environments. Physical requirements include:
- Sitting and working at a desk for extended periods of time,
- Sitting while driving or flying for extended periods of time,
- Viewing and working on a computer or mobile device for long periods of time,
- Walking through uneven outdoor terrain in many weather conditions,
- Occasionally lifting up to 20#,
- Occasionally bending, twisting, and turning while lifting weights up to 20#,
- Occasionally climbing several flights of stairs and ladders,
- Occasionally working in confined spaces or on elevated platforms and surfaces,
- Occasionally wearing proper respiratory protection,
- Occasionally standing for extended periods of time.