We are currently seeking a Regional Sales Manager, Rheumatology within the Autoimmune and Rare Disease segment of Mallinckrodt, reporting directly to the National Sales Director for Rheumatology. The Rheumatology organization is currently solely focused on driving Acthar Gel sales growth, but is currently aggressively pursuing business development opportunities in order to become the leader in Rheumatology.
This role will be a key part of the Rheumatology sales leadership team. This leader will be responsible for meeting and exceeding sales goals by motivating, removing barriers, developing, and execution of key training, marketing and reimbursement initiatives with the Great Lakes Region of the Rheumatology sales organization.
The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible for the overall performance of their assigned region providing leadership to their sales team that creates a motivational environment and sets the expectation of success.
• Meet /Exceed sales goals (Region and territory)
• The RSM will review, modify if necessary, and approve strategically targeted, account-specific business plans developed by each sales representative in their region, that reflect an in-depth understanding of local, regional and national market forces impacting product sales.
• The RSM schedules ride-a-longs and works one-on-one with sales representatives on product knowledge, call planning, territory management, relationship building and selling skills including opening, probing, supporting, overcoming objections and closing.
• In addition, the RSM will work closely with home office personnel to assist in the development of marketing plans, targeting strategies, incentive plans, sales training documents, etc.
• The RSM will play a key local management role in implementing and driving alignment with field based reimbursement and regional account manager teams
• Establish and maintain relationships with key accounts
• Represent and monitor the company's business and compliance practices
• Effectively communicate and demonstrate Mallinckrodt's values and Cultural Hallmarks
Education: Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline required.
10 years of overall experience with 3-5 years of successful pharmaceutical or biotech sales management experience
Experience in a specialty product / device requiring strong clinical selling skills, account management, and supporting customers in case by case reimbursement challenges.
Rheumatology experience preferred
Ideal candidate will reside within region geography