As one of North America’s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods (“CPG”), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multibillion dollar household and personal care (“HPC”), over-the-counter (“OTC”), pool additives and automotive aftermarket categories, we serve over 100 CPG companies and several major North American HPC and automotive aftermarket retailers, including many of the leading players in their respective categories. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise.
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
Our Automotive business is comprised of the Prestone® and Holts® businesses. We develop, manufacture and market antifreeze/coolant and other automotive functional fluids and car appearance products in North America and key international markets. Prestone® is the number one branded consumer choice for antifreeze/coolant in North America. Other brands in our Automotive Care business include Holts®, Redex® and Simoniz® (outside North America).
Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for a multi-state territory to promote Prestone Products including, but not limited to: Antifreeze/Coolant, Performance Chemicals, and Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF).
Reports Directly to Western Aftermarket Division Sales Manager.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with NAPA, Light Duty, and Heavy Duty Business Development Managers in an effort to secure new business and service existing customers.
- Develop business relationships with and actively solicit business from all Napa DC’s/Jobbers, Light Duty and Heavy Duty Aftermarket customers in the assigned Region (California, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Idaho, Montana).
- Contact established customers on a regular schedule in addition to Prospecting new Opportunities.
- Regularly contact prospective customers to obtain new business.
- Maintain a current opportunities list and follow-up on all inquiries and leads.
- Assume responsibility that all customers are aware of new programs, promotions, advertising materials, and policies.
- Work with existing customer base to consult/train their employees on how to productively sell all Prestone product lines including Prestone Antifreeze and Prestone Performance Chemicals.
- Work with customers to assure that they are fully stocked with necessary products, catalogs, and marketing materials.
- Know and understand your competition and their policies, pricing structure, distribution, strengths, and weaknesses.
- Supply necessary credit information on opportunities and existing customers as directed and perform collection follow-up calls when asked.
- Assume responsibility to keep Director of Aftermarket and Corporate Office informed of competitive activity, effective sales programs, and customer reaction to company programs/policies.
- Previous account management 3-5 years desired in NAPA / Automotive / Heavy Duty Channels
- Ability to Travel within multiple territories consistently each week (4-5 nights per week avg.)
- Strong desire to prospect and sell new customers
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong work ethic, team player, dependable
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Professional etiquette
- Ability to work with highly confidential information
- MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.