The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ Hematology/Oncology sales force throughout the Central US region. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is responsible, through his/her regional sales force, for the effective promotion of Jazz Pharmaceuticals products to physicians and other health care providers within the geographic region. The RSM will lead and manage a team of Oncology Account Mangers, in addition to directly promoting Jazz Pharmaceuticals products. The RSM will also manage projects involving cross-functional communication and activities.
This position can be located within close proximity to a major transportation hub to travel throughout the Midwest region.
The Regional Sales Manager will:
- Manage regional staff including:
- Recruit and select excellent Oncology Account Managers
- Coach, train and develop Oncology Account Managers to build a strong, progressive and motivated work team
- Provide team leadership and ensure that the team performs with integrity
- Review employee performance regularly and deal with any performance issues on a timely basis
- Know, comply with, and ensure compliance by the region’s employees with applicable corporate policies, procedures and guidelines
- Understand the regulatory environment and comply with all legal and regulatory requirements, including those of the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, the Prescription Drug Marketing Act, the Pharma Code, the OIG guidelines
- Promote, and assure that the region promotes, the company’s products for the approved indications using the most current company materials.
- Implement the company’s marketing plan, including communicating and providing direction to regional staff
- Formulate and direct the implementation of region action plan
- Establish and manage on-going procedures/processes for communication of information necessary for accomplishing region objectives
- Oversee the proper use by the region of corporate resources and assets
- Present a positive and professional image of Jazz Pharmaceuticals and ensure that the region’s activities are consistent with Jazz Pharmaceuticals’ ethical pharmaceutical marketing and compliance with laws and regulations
- Maintain strong relationships with major thought leaders in region.
- Achieve sales forecasts and targets
- Perform all activities within budget
- Perform ad-hoc special projects to support specific business needs requested
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Post-graduate degree or coursework is preferred but not required
- At least three years pharmaceutical sales management experience; management of a specialty pharmaceutical sales team or hospital sales team is preferred
- At least five years of medical and/or pharmaceutical product sales experience, to include two to three years of specialist/hospital sales experience in the area of oncology
- Experience in the bone marrow transplant market a significant plus
- Extensive travelrequired.
Description of Physical Demands
- Frequent travel between meeting sites.
- Frequently operating a computer, printer, telephone and other similar office machinery.
Description of Work Environment
- Frequent interactions with external contacts in their office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, fumes, vibrations and temperature changes.
- Frequent computer laptop or tablet use, not usually at a workstation.
- Responsibilities may require a work schedule that may include working outside of “normal” work hours, in order to meet business demands.
- Frequent public contact requiring appropriate business apparel.