MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet or exceed quarterly sales quota for the region. Provide input into the development of quarterly quotas and compensation plans, and participate in roll out of these plans to the region.
- Source, recruit and develop talent with input from VP of Sales.
- Manage Territory Managers and other field-based personnel. Implement effective coaching techniques to maximize TM productivity. Provide written follow-up for field visits including feedback on territory, business planning and performance. Deliver performance feedback (e.g., mid-year, annual reviews) in timely fashion, working as needed with VP of Sales and HR.
- Provide continual career guidance to team, facilitating situational skill development needed to achieve developmental goals. Identify future potential leaders within sales organization and cultivate them for future leadership opportunities.
- Ensure region’s implementation and execution of marketing programs, launch strategies, etc.
- Continually maintain a complete and thorough understanding of the region, working with team to identify key target accounts and customers.
- Build and maintain relationships with key customers and KOLs within region. Work closely with VP of Sales and VP of Marketing to identify and prioritize customers for higher-level corporate relationships.
- Maintain a quarterly and annual region business plan that outlines regional sales objectives and areas of vulnerability; provide precise monthly forecasts.
- Monitor and share competitive activity to field and in-house personnel as appropriate.
- Work closely with regional team, peer RSMs, and the broader organization to develop commercialization strategies.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through on-the-job training, attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional societies.
- Travel 80% to support the region’s sales initiatives as well as corporate activities.
- Manage travel and expenses per approved budget.
- Proactively support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures, the Quality System, and other regulatory requirements.
- Actively work to promote team building and morale within the organization.
EDUCATION /EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- BA in Business (or related discipline) or equivalent work experience and a minimum of 7 years of related experience
- Previous sales management experience strongly preferred, including proven ability to effectively manage remote-based staff
- A thorough knowledge of high tech medical device market, products, and region’s customer base
- Strong written/verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiating skills; ability to adapt to changing work priorities; and ability to maintain good working relationships while dealing appropriately with sensitive and confidential matters and with a wide variety of personal and customer contacts
- Proficiency with PC-based office computers, including familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook required
- Ability to work independently
- Supervisory responsibilities over a designated region of approximately 8-10 Territory Managers
Work includes potential exposure to human blood borne pathogens or other potentially infectious materials
Work includes potential exposure to chemicals
Requires approximately 80% travel
Requisition ID : 1401