Regional Sales Manager, Industry
5 - 7 years experience • Industrial Equipment & Supply
Regional Sales Manager, Industry
The Regional Industry Sales Manager, reporting to the Regional Sales Vice-President, is responsible for meeting sales goals across the region through their team of End User Sales Managers, Strategic Account Managers, and End User Account Managers. These individuals will direct their teams to allocate their resources and pursue/win customer opportunities that drive the greatest growth for the company; especially in strategic growth initiatives. The Regional Industry Sales Manager will also guide and support their teams to resolve issues quickly so as to positively impact Customer Loyalty. Finally, they will focus on recruiting, developing, and retaining their talent while creating an engaging and inclusive work environment.
- Responsible to assess talent, identify gaps, recruit or develop talent to fill gaps, and develop successions plans to insure long term success.
- Accountable for teams’ development of Industry domain expertise and outcome-based selling skills
- Develops the geographic execution plan aligned with the regional industry strategies (as appropriate). Defines and delivers the Regional definition of winning, regional industry objectives, regional execution priorities, and regional measures of success; addressing all ecosystem customer types.
- Directs their sales managers to execute the Industry plan and implement a disciplined sales process with their account managers and partners to meet sales quota and Strategic Growth Initiatives.
- Synthesizes and simplifies messages and requests coming from BU’s and GSM and communicates only the most critical information
- Collaborates with their sales managers and distributors to forecast their business and understand the causals of their performance
- Connects and relates with customer executives to provide business insights with a focus on achieving the customer’s business objectives.
- Engages customers and, when necessary, RA Leadership to resolve issues and clear the path to insure customer satisfaction and loyalty
- Teams with other regions, othersales entities (HQ, EPC, OEM, Channel) to maximize our chances for success and the scope of our offering in complex customer pursuits.
- Guides their teams in selecting the right delivery partners, either internal or 3rd party, for large solutions
- Establishes a working environment that is engaging and inclusive for all employees
- Provides input and feedback to NA Regional Industry Director that is critical to achieving the Global and Regional definition of winning: Portfolio gaps, observed market trends, competitive intelligence, ecosystem changes
- Delivers geographic industry growth goals, collaborates with regional industry team on how to appropriately resource industry accounts within the ecosystem, provides input to the NA Regional Industry regarding investments required for long term success EOE, M/F/Disable, Vet
- Bachelordegree in business or engineering or related technical field.
- 5 or more years of experience in sales management.
- Previous experience managing sales teams.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of time.
- Product business unit experience or other functional business experience outside of technical sales
- Experience managing sales leaders