70+ years of dedication to quality and innovation has made Hach the #1 market leader in water analysis solutions. The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) is the primary front-line sales representative for strategic accounts and is vital to our organization’s ability to deliver customer value and drive accelerated growth. The RSM works within a strong network of talented professionals who provide industry leading customer service and support via; Senior Leadership, Sales, Inside Sales, Customer Service, Field Service, Technical Support, Project Sales, Bids Team, and Technical Applications professionals.
The candidate must reside in the Greater Southern California Area or be willing to relocate.
This role is responsible for strategic sales targeting large customer accounts with multiple influencers in their assigned geographic territory. This position will be responsible for promoting the company’s products, from instrumentation and reagents to fully integrated solutions and services. Working from a home office, this highly autonomous role requires strong business acumen, planning, and the ability to execute strategically.
- Develops monthly sales territory and account plans to achieve assigned targets.
- Executes planned activities and documents in Hach CRM, Salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Manages all opportunities utilizing SFDC and following standard sales process steps.
- Prepares and presents a monthly funnel review utilizing SFDC to demonstrate the quality of the funnel, activity plans and command of the account base.
- Prepares and presents monthly forecast by accurately managing opportunity dates, dollar value and probabilities in SFDC.
- Establish and maintain relationships with engineering firms and other accounts that indirectly influence the buying decisions of the customer
- Develops a network of customer and industry contacts in the territory to position Hach as a key member of the water management community
- Collects and reports information on all competitive activity, business opportunities, sales trends and results within the assigned market providing input during monthly business review
- Participates in sales activities including: customer site visits, telephone contacts, trade seminars and shows, product demonstrations/evaluations, customer seminars and channel management.
- Acts as a mentor for the growth and development other RSMs.
- Provides key field input in corporate programs including market research, Kaizen events
- 5-10 years of direct sales experience.
- B2B experience selling complex industrial products and solutions.
- BA, BS or MSdegreerequired. A degree in a science related field such as Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Engineering or equivalent is an asset.
- Experience in 1 or more Hach vertical markets is an asset (Waste Water, Drinking Water, Power, Beverage or Industrial Water).
- Formal sales training and/or experience in value selling.
- Hands on experience using a CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com).
- Ability to travel up to 50% within assigned territory.
- Must have a valid driver license and a driving record which is acceptable Hach.
- Ability to develop and execute to a business plan and manage territory as it is one’s own business
- Engages stakeholders and internal resources to best serve customers
- Listens to voice of the customer and asks great questions which inspire breakthroughs for our customers
- Willing to move to action quickly and not get derailed in details or fear of failure
- Uses metrics, KPI, and forecasting to self-manage productivity
- Develops, nurtures, and understands health of customer opportunity funnel and openly works with leadership and sales operations to ensure best results