The Regional Sales Manager - Industrial Solutions is responsible for developing and growing sales for Generac Industrial Solutions in their assigned strategic market which will represent no less than a $50M available annual market. The role will work directly with Electrical Engineering Firms, Electrical Contractors, General Contractors and End User/Owners, and will utilize previous technical knowledge and experience to grow sales and improve specification rates while driving general acceptance of the Generac Industrial Products. Additionally they will collaborate closely with the local Generac Industrial Distributors to develop a complementary business growth process. The Regional Sales Manager is responsible for the promotion and technical sales/support of Generac Industrial products with a focus on strategic initiatives as directed by Generac Industrial Solutions Leadership. In conjunction with their leader, they will develop and implement short term and long range plans for their assigned territory.
- Develop and implement business growth plan for assigned strategic market;
- Develop a sales pipeline and execute towards the established business plan;
- Work closely with local Industrial Distributor to develop channel strategy including direct sales and development support for the distributor sales and project management team;
- Identify key electrical engineering firms, electricalcontractors, general contractors and end user/owner; develop strategy to meet, educate and convince them “Why Generac”;
- Assist Regional Business Managers, Power Solutions Managers and Distributors on specific projects and work directly with key electrical engineering and construction firms to achieve a Generac product being specified and sourced;
- Leverage previous technical experience to solve technical problems;
- Promotes and provides technical onsite and remote sales support of Generac Industrial products;
- Develop sales tools and competitive analysis;
- Provide real time voice-of-customer feedback to management;
- Provide input into product launches;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration OR equivalent experience;
- 10 years’ progressive experience in technical sales/sales support with specific experience in power generation, power transfer switch, automatic transfer switch or related field.
- Experience working for a manufacturer selling products through distribution;
- Experience in Power Generation, Heavy Equipment or Installed Industrial Equipment industries preferred;
- Ability to recognize market trends and evaluate competitor strengths and weakness;
- Ability to communicate at the executive level as well as plant operational level;
- Proficiency with business analysis and financial management;
- Working knowledge of OEM/Dealer distribution;
- Ability to understand the complex sales process and direct closure strategies;
- Experience with pricing and executing sales strategies;
- Effective negotiation skills;
- Effective presentation skills and ability to speak in front of groups;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to work from a home office;
- Ability to travel to adequately cover assigned territory.