In this role, you have the opportunity to
Lead sales performance and sales growth over multiple territories, within a sales division, in support of overall company objectives. This includes the setting of success criteria, providing leadership for achievement of goals, forecasting, analyzing and reporting on sales, implementing policies, and maintaining budget. You are responsible for establishing, defining and managing to a clear strategic direction and goal attainment targets for the region sales team.
You are responsible for
- Developing annual sales plans, strategies, and tactics for the region to enhance Philips IGT-D competitive position and meet customer needs, in coordination with Philips IGT national sales and business plans.
- Providing regular updates, revisions and modifications to the plan to upper sales management.
- Partnering with various business leaders to develop sales plans that are valid, effective and realistic objectives that are tied to the overall business objectives and goals.
- Evaluating market/customer trends within region and adjusting plans and strategies to maintain and expand opportunities for sales growth.
- Executing the regional sales plan to meet the objectives of the company’s overall business plan and strategy, including budgeted revenue and average selling prices.
- Recruiting, directing, and developing all field sales personnel within the region to drive individual and group performance.
- Defining and managing the monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives for all field sales personnel.
- Managing his/her time in the field with individual sales employees as well as focusing time on the strategic sales challenges and opportunities.
- Actively monitoring and reporting on issues affecting the region, including pricing, competitive pressures, distribution, talent, market/industry movements and other business and/or customer challenges that impact regional performance.
- Communicating with, aligning, and collaborating with the extended Philips team to execute on the Account strategy
- Consistently working to improve personal knowledge and sales management skills to add greater value to current and potential customers and to Philips IGT.
- Facilitating a culture of teamwork and excellence among the Philips Team in his/her region, as well throughout the organization.
- Providing support and coaching to sales employees in assigned region to facilitate a high level of product sales and contributing to corporate and regional objectives.
- Providing assistance to sales personnel with prospect identification.
- Providing overall management of assigned sales region including, but not limited to:
- Performing regional sales forecasting, analysis, and reporting.
- Contributing to regional, and individual goal setting and planning processes.
- Managing to the Philips travel and Expense Policy and review/approve expense reports.
- Communicating and implementing company policies within assigned area.
- Maintaining communication with the Business Unit, Marketing Cardiology and IGT.
You are a part of
Philips’ Image Guided Therapy Devices (IGT-D), an incredible team of dedicated experts and leaders in the Medical Device industry. You will be a highly influential sales leader with high visibility across the ever-expanding sales organization. A successful contributor will be able to provide insight about every facet of our high-quality, safe and effective, regulatory compliant products and services. Reporting to the Zone Vice President, the Regional Sales Manager leads all sales activity for the product portfolio within an assigned region.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Sales or related field
- 7+ years’ sales experience, with at least 5 within the medical industry. 2+ years’ previous supervisory or project leadership experience is also recommended.
- Demonstrated track record for sales growth and new business development.
- Is entrepreneurial in approach to the sales leadership role. Is motivated by growth opportunities and challenges inherent with building a sales organization in a highly competitive market space.
- Strategic thinker. Believes in taking a logical and comprehensive approach to the sales process. Builds and works from comprehensive regional sales plans. Able to work with complex issues and create long-term strategies.
- Comfortable in fast changing environments. Can look at issues from a fresh viewpoint and quickly adapt to changes created by the marketplace.
- Seeks ways to drive innovation into the region with unique and untested approaches.
- Has great presence. Uses language effectively to persuade others and build commitment for ideas and initiatives. Makes compelling, convincing cases for his/her positions. Very effective negotiator and dynamic speaker. Captures others on an emotional level.
- Clearly defines expectations and articulates ideas, thoughts and views. Provides frank, direct, and timely feedback to others. Results-oriented.
- Motivated by achieving extraordinary results and leading others. Excellent aptitude for holding self and others accountable to a high standard of performance.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- KOL Relationship Management
In return, we offer you
We attract and hire the best talent on the planet! You will work with an incredible team of dedicated authorities and leaders in the Medical Device industry focused on supporting your continued growth. They will help expand your capabilities by increasing the value you bring to every procedure and help you communicate appropriately the safety and efficacy of all products.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
It is the policy of Philips to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all colleagues and applicants for employment without regard to age, color, citizenship, disability or perceived disability, ethnicity, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital or domestic partner status, military or veteran status, national origin, pregnancy/childbirth, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by federal, state and/or local laws. Philips is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer Disability/Veteran.