Responsible for the prospecting, acquisition, and retention of potential and existing commercial clients in a specific region. Utilize sales and marketing techniques, industry knowledge and company guidelines to achieve Company sales objectives and competitive positioning.
- Identifies and develops through prospecting, lead generation and data mining, key customer segments in an assigned territory.
- Effectively manages sales generation by utilizing Company marketing materials, external and internal educational sources, local resources and relationships.
- Builds confidence, generates excitement and maintains interest by using listening and negotiations skills when confronted with objections, skepticism, conflicts, etc. and counters with specific alternatives.
- Develops relationships with an emphasis on client education and serves as a trusted advisor to existing clients with the objective of a long term mutually rewarding relationship.
- Ensures fair and consistent treatment by effectively solving problems when they occur to the extent empowered to do so.
- Troubleshoot and act upon problem areas/issues in book of business; escalating to the extent necessary with emphasis on client retention and satisfaction.
- Sets realistic sales targets, measures performance and suggests alternatives for improvement.
- Provides consistency in superior client satisfaction by effectively providing direction and communication to support personnel through education, guidance and coaching.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Ability to interpret, analyze and evaluate information relative to selling techniques.
- Self-motivated with a persuasive, enthusiastic and client-centric focus.
- Outstanding negotiation and closing skills with a focus on education.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information and adapting it to the end user.
- Superior communication skills for high interaction with a variety of people external and internal to the organization.
- Decisiveness, good judgment, analytical/math aptitude and problem solving skills to act with authority and take risks in an environment with little direction from others. Proficiency in Excel or related application required.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- BachelorDegree or equivalent in business or related field.
- 3+ years of related outside sales/client relationship experience.