What sets us apart?
A generous 401(k) matching program that is above industry standards
Financial Rewards for Performance
Low-cost Benefit options for your family, health, and future
A Culture of Integrity and Respect
Servant Leadership at its best...
At Gordon Food Service, our leaders achieve outstanding business results by creating win/win relationships – withcustomers, employees, and vendors. This model has been working for 120 years, and we look forward topresenting a Regional Sales Manager opportunity to someone who has demonstrated the ability to drive results through relationships.
As a Regional Sales Manager, you will have the opportunity to lead a team of high-performing, results-driven outside sales representatives. As the leader for their assigned Market, the Commercial Sales Manager has the following key accountabilities:
Managing the Business Plan:
- Sets the case, product, segment, Annual Operating Plan (AOP), credit, and net profit goals with input from the region leadership team to include developing action plans for achieving GFS corporate goals.
- Collaborates with the regional chain manager, product specialist, and menu specialists to coordinate sales activities with key customers and potential customers within region geography.
- Assist with new account development and visit key customers to build relationships and to assist with the resolution of serious customer concerns.
Providing Industry Expertise:
- Collaborates with region leadership team in coordinating outside region activities to include food shows, region customer events and customer visits.
- Conducts periodic planned reviews with key customers to include managing employee performance reviews withthe region's key customers.
- Conveys Gordon Food Service' culture by living the part and sharing values daily with all employees.
- Maintain knowledge of segment through industry magazines and local culinary organizations
- Develops and trains the Sales Managers assigned to the region and manages the training of the sales staff and associates in collaboration with the Sales Managers
- Collaborate with sales team members to identify goals and objectives, provide regular and candid feedback through evaluations or coaching sessions
- Mentors, motivates, and develops staff and acts as a role model and resource to them.
- Collaborates with region leadership team in coordinating the scheduling and leading of market meetings, develop plans with local specialists to achieve region and personal goals, CDS scheduling, and sales associate trainingto insure continuous training programs are available
Is this the job for you? We are looking for:
- Prior managment experience within the Food Service Distribution Industry
- Six to eight years previous sales or business experience with an understanding of segment needs, customer and business type requirements
- Must have industry and segment knowledge and be able to analyze and interpret data
- Must be able to develop profitability models and other analytical tools
- Must be able to work "exceptional" hours including evenings and weekends
Find out more about our values, culture, and benefits at gfs.com/careers
Be part of it!
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of support from their management if they are selected for the interview process.