Responsible for analyzing, developing, and implementing sales strategies within the region to achieve profitability. Oversees territory sales through active engagement with end users, resellers/distributors/VAR and manufacturer's representatives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develops and manages an assigned geographic region. Monitors and maintains sales goals.
- Develops short- and long-term forecasts, budgets, strategies, and marketing programs required to meet sales objectives.
- Aggressively develop new business, markets and customers along with the sales channels (manufacturer's representatives, reseller, distributors and VAR) necessary to support it.
- Identify key engineering firms within the Region and work to establish preferred manufacturer status.
- Identify, target and sell directly and indirectly to customers in the DataCenter/UPS (preferredexperience), telecommunications, utilities, solar, and rail markets.
- Works with product teams to develop products that will grow sales and profitability. Provides feedback to product managers to meet customer needs.
- Works with the marketing team to ensure that marketing such as collateral, packaging, catalogs, Internet presence, etc., meets customer demand.
- Maintains and grows existing customer accounts through an appropriate level of contact. Creates sales growth by securing business through strategic customer segments.
- Develops relationships with and completes sales with assigned regional and national customer bases. Converts non-customers into customers.
- Maintains contact with existing regional and national decision makers to ensure their specifications remain with Franklin Electric.
- Coordinates and attends regional tradeshows, state and regional shows, and territory seminars.
- Participates in pricing negotiations and purchasing contracts.
- Inputs contacts and activities into the CRM software to track progress.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Knows arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, statistics, and their applications.
- Effectively communicates information and responds to questions in person-to-person and small group situations with customers, clients, the general public, and other employees of the organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and uses discretion with business information.
- Reads and understands documents such as policy manuals, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Writes routine reports and correspondence.
- Utilizes common-sense understanding in order to carry out written, oral, or diagrammed instructions.
- Deals with problems involving several known variables in situations of routine nature.
- Plans the time, method, manner, and/or performance sequence of own work; may also occasionally assist in planning work assignments performed by others within a limited area of operation.
- Completes some moderately repetitive tasks.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in business, business management, marketing, engineering technology, or a related field (required).
- Three + years of relevant experience in sales, product management, or a related field (required).
- Intermediate: Microsoft Office suite, CRM
Certificates and Licenses