Be a key leader and influencer in a $1.5B national sales organization. Represent one of the Country’s best known and most often used products. Become a part of a true success story in the industry, characterized as entrepreneurial, results driven, team and family oriented, casual and fun!
Create your own schedule as you develop presentations and make headquarter calls on supermarket retail customers located throughout NJ and New England to gain placement, improve position and execute promotions that get results!
This highly visible and important developmental role reports directly to the Vice President of Sales and will have a significant impact on the overall business by successfully leading retail execution and growing sales for their best-in-category brands.
In addition to developing your own accounts, you will often have the opportunity to accompany the VP of Saleson calls to major accounts such as Wal-Mart and Kroger, etc. The individual in this role will be groomed for a Director level position within three years or less; hence the interaction with the VP Sales.
One day each week you will work in the field with one of your 20-member sales teams to lead them to maximize effectiveness at retail and win the battle on the shelves. Typically. this will be done on Mondays.
- Make regional key account calls to maximize retail effectiveness and develop productive relationships.
- Sell in new items and promotions at headquarter level.
- Manage sales and expense budgets.
- Tour markets to analyze conditions and provide direction for retail execution improvements.
- Source, hire, train and develop team of 20 new and existing retailsales representatives.
- Teach effective merchandising and store level selling skills to employees.
- 3 to 5years of demonstrated history of success and retailsales management experience with a leading food, beverage or snack company.
- Experience in managing a team of retailsales reps and /or DSD route salespeople
- Strong computer skills & familiarity with handheld computer systems utilized in the field.
- Ability to travel50% primarily in the East Coast and Midwest.
- Entrepreneurial and hands-on initiative taker.
- Organized and detail oriented leader who can motivate and inspire sales team.
- Personable and collaborative with the highest level of integrity and ethics.
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary range $90K to $110K plus a highly achievable 20% annual bonus target with no cap, $650 car allowance plus mileage, 3 weeks paid vacation, matching 401K and HSA, medical, dental and more!