FARO Technologies, Inc. is continuing to develop new products that will revolutionize and disrupt the high-tech measurement and imaging industry. We are a global company traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange with a passion for excellence and success.
FARO has a culture of innovation and an absolute commitment to reliability at all touch points. We encourage employee success by offering excellent benefits and a variety of career and training opportunities. FARO is completely focused on simplifying processes through innovation, integrity, teamwork, accountability and a friendly work environment.
Perform functions to plan for, manage and control the assigned region’s sales operations and personnel, guided by precedent and working within the limits of established policies.
This position requires:
- Broad knowledge of a discipline such as engineering, equivalent to a complete college or university education, plus 3-5 years technical management sales experience.
- Min 3 yrs. proven and successful track record in sales of Capital Equipment/Industrial Sales
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to travel extensively within territory
- Valid driver’s license with excellent driving record
- Reside in the north east region of US
How you will make a difference @ FARO:
- Meet monthly revenue goals for the assigned region. Determine forecast and act as player/coach to manage inside and outside sales force in order to achieve these goals.
- Perform product demonstrations as needed and assist outside sales staff with high profile or difficult accounts in order to advance sales opportunity and close business.
- Review and maintain high profile customer relationships as identified by Sales Director.
- Sell the company’s line of products in areas not assigned to direct reports, obtain leads and close sales. Set revenue goals and create long-term purchase agreements with key accounts.
- Review and maintain relationships with national contracting groups within assigned region and assist in growing new national contract opportunities as identified by Sales Director.
- Provide strategic input to the Head of Sales. Identify and report on potential opportunities to promote sales growth.
- Establish budgets and ensure compliance with expense guidelines. Updatedatabase and generate reports as required.
- Hire, train, develop and manage the performance of inside and outside sales staff in conjunction with the Head of Sales and HR.
Other duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Perform or assist with any departmental operations, as required or directed to maintain workflow and meet production schedules and requirements.
- Maintain safe work areas and comply with safety procedures and equipment operating rules.
- Attend and participate in a variety of meetings and task force groups to integrate activities, communicate issues, obtain approvals, resolve problems and maintain specific level of knowledge pertaining to new developments, requirements and policies.
- Recommend revisions to control documentation such as production checklists, operating procedures and policy manuals. Make and distribute authorized modifications as required.
- Maintain work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.