Esperion is a purpose driven company with a singular focus on lipid management for everyone. Our innovative team of lipid management experts is committed to leveraging its understanding of cholesterol biosynthesis to develop innovative therapies for the treatment of patients with elevated low-density lipoprotein (LDL-C). At Esperion we are passionately committed to bringing complementary therapies to the hypercholesterolemia space that address unmet patient needs in a way that is “patient-friendly, physician-friendly and payer-friendly.”
Esperion’s corporate headquarters are located in Ann Arbor, MI. The Company offers a competitive salary including a performance-based bonus program and stock-based compensation, a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) matching plan and health insurance, and paid time off and holidays.
Position Title: Regional Sales Manager
The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for leading and providing strategic direction for Commercial Sales, including sales strategies, productivity, sales training and effectiveness, and ensuring achievement of performance targets and budgeted sales goals. As the leader of the Company’s field sales force, you are responsible for direct management, development, and supervision of 10 Territory Managers and their implementation of processes within local geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing resources and ensuring all sales personnel operate in an effective, efficient and compliant manner. This role reports into the National Sales Director.
Preferred Location: Remote – US, Toledo, OH
Essential Duties and Responsibilities*
- Develop and implement Regional business plans, budgets and maintain overall responsibility of action plans for the Regions.
- Review performance metrics with NSDs to ensure sales team is achieving maximum sales results.
- Plan and conduct meetings with the Sales Management Team; ensure appropriate leadership by developing and inspiring the Sales Management Team.
- Work closely with leadership and Market Access to maximize reimbursement from commercial & government payers.
- Create and manage Regional plans including message, reach and frequency, and budget goals. Responsible for goal- and target-setting.
- Evaluate account management performance against budget to ensure a cost-effective allocation of resources and appropriate management reporting.
- Ensure that all actions and those of his/her team both internally and through vendors working on our behalf, are in compliance with all laws, regulations and policies and demonstrate Company values.
*additional duties and responsibilities not listed here may be required
Qualifications (Education & Experience)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 7+ years of Pharmaceutical Sales experience required
- 5 years sales management experience in a U.S. pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical organization.
- Proven track record of success in launching new products and/or indications and building sales teams.
- 2+ years’ experience in Cardiology (Statin, PCSK9, and NOAC) launch experience required.
- Well-developed leadership skills, and the ability to influence people at all levels inside and outside the organization.
- Demonstrates a track record of successfully commercializing new products and/or expanding commercial opportunities for existing products. Sets compelling goals and is tenacious in accomplishing them. Ability to set priorities, allocate resources, take accountability, and achieve results.
- Forges strong, diverse teams of people with multiple perspectives and talents. Creates an environment in which cross-functional teams are highly motivated to accomplish goals.
- Demonstrates excellent presentation and communication skills. Has the ability to influence and work successfully with varied audiences, including customers, colleagues, scientific and technical leaders, pharmaceutical and business partners, collaborators, and senior executives.
- Travel requirement: Up to 70% including overnight stays.