Regional Sales Manager - Electrical Manufacturer
Our client, a leading manufacturer of electrical products, has a rare opening for an Eastern Regional Sales Manager. The territory consists of 19 eastern states. The successful candidate will work from their home office and travel throughout the region as necessary.
The products are made in the USA and are stocked and sold by electrical distributors nationwide. The company sells through a well-established nationwide network of both stocking and non-stocking Manufacturer's Rep agencies.
Residency can be anywhere in the Eastern region but near a major airport.
- Manage the sales activities of manufacturer's Reps to reach objectives including setting yearly business plans
- Have responsibility for the Eastern part of the U.S.
- Work closely with upper management and other RSM's in maintaining and growing existing and new accounts
- Train Rep partners, attend electrical distributor's counter days and also schedule joint sales calls to visit contractors and end-users.
- 5-7 years’ minimum experience in the electrical industry
- Sales management experience working with reps/agencies
- Overnight travelexperience throughout the U.S.
- General knowledge of the electrical wholesale industry, working for an Electrical Manufacturer, Rep Agency or Distributor (MANDATORY)
- Must have existing relationships with east coast distributors and reps
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Ability to create and effectively facilitate presentations to small and large groups
Travel will be ~50-70% depending upon residency. The company has a great reputation with job stability for its employees. We're looking for long-term candidates; short-timers need not apply.
Compensation will be a mix of a competitive base salary, along with a bonus/commission plan to keep you engaged and excited throughout your career with the company. Those not meeting the requirements will not be selected to interview.