The Regional Sales Manager overall duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to, promoting/increasing sales and distribution of Company products by servicing and developing new accounts, developing excellent working relationships with all customers and potential customers, expanding sales in existing accounts, maintaining accurate records, and performing other duties as assigned. The Company reserves the right to alter assignments as may reasonably be required from time to time.
The Regional Sales Manager will be based in the East Coast and focus in the United States and Canada, and will be required to visit the Company in Soddy Daisy, Tennessee on a regular basis and travel to support sales activities. Geographical areas of competence of this role: United States and Canada.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Geographical areas of competence of this role: United States and Canada.
- Achieves Sales operational objectives by contributing sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets Sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products; analyzing trends and results; establishing pricing strategies; recommending selling prices; monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes Sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
- Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
- Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required or equivalent experience.
- 5 years’ experience in the digital sector.
- Displays a high level of confidence, enthusiasm and a positive attitude with the desire to succeed and exceed customer expectations.
- Strong sales or retention skills and the ability to follow a defined call flow.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to establish rapport, builds relationships and loyalty with external and internal customers and coworkers, and remains tactful when communicating negative information. Strong presentation skills.
- Demonstrate an ability to display patience, empathy, and strong listening skills while ensuring customer needs are fulfilled in a timely and satisfactory fashion.
- Demonstrate an ability to maintain composure while diffusing and professionally negotiating a high-tension situation on a routine basis. Strong retention skills with the ability to follow a process flow and/or script as needed.
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to prioritize complex, diversified responsibilities, multi task effectively and execute tasks with minimum supervision. Strong organization and time management skills. Ability to remain focused and productive with tasks that may be repetitive. Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Solid analytical, logical decision-making and troubleshooting skills with the ability to problem solve in a timely and effective manner. Exercises good judgment. Takes ownership of issues or questions and will escalate problems to the appropriate person and follow up accordingly to the customer. Knows when to involve supervisors.
- Embrace change and is flexible to the needs of the business and team.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and key metrics, work independently, as a team player, and drive results in a fast paced, team based environment. Must be willing to assist teammates and build strong relationships to achieve company and department goals.
- Ability to accept and apply coaching and feedback from leadership.
- Strong skills with software products; Proficient with Mac OSx, Windows OS and Microsoft.
- Understanding of small/medium size business practices and decision-making processes.
- Up to 20% travel.
- Spanish language is a plus to communicate with customers in Mexico.