Company: Dover Corporation
Midland Manufacturing, part of OPW, a Dover Company is a leader in the rail tank car valves and fittings industry. Our innovative rail products are manufactured and engineered for the safe and efficient loading, transporting, and unloading of hazardous and non-hazardous bulk products.
For over 125 years, OPW has led the way in designing and manufacturing world-class retail fueling, fluid handling and car wash system solutions for the safe and efficient handling and distribution of fuels and critical fluids. OPW makes above ground and below ground products for both conventional, vapor recovery and clean energy applications in the retail and commercial markets. Additionally, OPW supplies loading arms, valves and dry-break couplings, tank truck equipment, rail car valves and equipment, and car wash systems. OPW has manufacturing operations in North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia Pacific, with sales offices around the world. OPW is part of the Dover Corporation, which is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange under “DOV”.
This position requires complete account management of assigned customers. The regional account manager must manage all existing accounts and actively pursue new customers to meet sales targets for Midland. Implement action plans for retaining existing customers, growing existing accounts, converting specification at End-users. Responsibilities such as: assisting with proper stocking/inventory levels, training and account receivables management are required. In-depth knowledge and understanding of the customers and their business, key individuals and the industry/marketplace is critical.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement sales and account management strategies to expand sales and promote the Midland product line.
- Convert customer specifications to Midland products in order to grow revenue through value added selling.
- Communicate and generate key information from Repair Shops according to Repair Shop Strategy.
- Responsible for sales forecasting and developing an annual sales plan by product lines and break down into monthly goals for assigned customers
- Swiftly introduce and implement new products into the market.
- Develop strong relationships with customer base, understand current and future needs and support Midland’s Research and Development team in new product ideation. Assist in feasible studies, as requested.
- Motivate and train Midland, Distribution and End-users. Determine customer expectations, on topics such as: sales goals, stocking levels, end-users they service and target, receivables and strategic plans. Identify opportunities and risks.
- Communicate necessary field intelligence to enable Midland to react to the needs of the customers and the marketplace. Maintain customer database capturing critical information such as build rates, customer specifications, fleet size, etc.
- Understand and perform to all quality regulations, standards and policies, including but not limited to ISO 9001:2015 and AAR M-1003. Follow work procedures and ensure highest level of quality.
- 3 years of experience in Regional Sales in Railcar Industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in industry with technical knowledge of field sales and customer service.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must be computer proficient. Must be experienced using Microsoft Office products.
- Salesforce.com, Oracle, Power BI, SharePoint, and MS-Project knowledge.
Desired Characteristics, Competence and Capabilities:
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Railcar Industry, preferred.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills. Demonstrated ability in high-level presentations, technical selling, issue resolution, financial analysis.
- Excellent skills in interpersonal relationships, communication, and teamwork. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and maintain effective working relationships, with internal and external partners.
- Proven customer service skills, at an outstanding level, in a professional environment such as sales and marketing.
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, and possess a high level of self-motivation.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively problem-solve and facilitate activities necessary to a project’s completion.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions:
- This position is performed in an office environment
- May require a combination of sitting, standing, and walking
- May require use of Personal computer, fax machine, copy machine, other office equipment, Microsoft Office, Access, PowerPoint