The Regional DigitalSales Manager is responsible for working with DC based advertisers, political, public policy, issue, and government organizations, their advertising agencies & DC based national brand advertisers, to prospect and sell The E. W. Scripps Company's digital advertising solutions across individual regions, markets, or our national platform.
The Regional Sales Manager, Digital should already be based in DC with solid relationships in the digital political arena that will allow them to quickly build a presence for our digital media offerings. This sales leader will have a hunter's DNA and know who and where the major digital advertising budgets are coming from in the market. Through their knowledge, relationships, and experience, can quickly grow digitalsales. This individual shall also have strong leadership capabilities so that they can build and lead a sales team in the future. Prior management experience is not necessary, but must show strong leadership skills.
- Initiate meetings with government, political, trade group and issue/advocacy-based clients, and their agencies
- Respond to their avail & rate requests, and keep them informed of new products, market trends, prepare & present customized digitalsales presentations.
- Respond to these RFP's and create sales presentations that win business
- Initiate new business development meetings with prospective advertisers
- Create unique and innovative solutions to drive advertiser success and generate revenue
- Evangelize the E.W. Scripps Company, and our digital advertising platforms
- Responsible for tracking sales activity KPIs to exceed ad sales revenue and profit goals.
- Work with product and content teams to keep them informed on advertiser and industry ad requirements
- Lead initiatives to build out innovative new saleschannel strategies to significantly grow company revenue.
- Work alongside sales product leadership to roll out revenue-generating products and services through Scripps sales & product channels
Education & Experience/Certifications:
- Five or more years of digitalsalesexperiencerequired, previous sales management experience a plus. Proficient in face-to-face sales, calling on DC based accounts and agencies. Strong understanding of digital media platforms and political digital advertising trends
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited 4 year university preferred or equivalent experiencepreferred.
Skills & Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of all facets of digitalsales and marketing, TV sales knowledge a plus
- Proven ability to build and grow digital revenues
- Able to forecast sales pipeline, produce annual budgets, and manage expenses at they relate to Regional Sales
- Excellent leadership skills and experience managing sales relationships to achieve and exceed revenue goals
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills and ability to promote and sell concepts to organizations, agencies and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and analytical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, self-starter, and natural leadership qualities
- No heavy lifting
- Must be able to sit at desk for long periods of time
- Travel up to 25%
- Must possess a valid driver's license, good driving record and the company's required level of personal auto liability insurance