Job ID: SEL001191
Achieve annual sales strategies and goals through the management of
sales representatives. Develop area sales plans in conjunction with the
Director of Sales Core Histology Consumables, to support all of Leica
Biosystems business and related customers.
- Achieve and exceed region’s quarterly and annual sales quota, strategic
and unit sales mix objectives, profit goal and market share goals while
implementing strategies and goals through management of sales representative
field support specialist staff.
- Provide the direction, leadership, coaching and mentoring for direct
sales representatives. Advance the professional development, professional
conduct, sales effectiveness and efficiency of staff.
- Recruit, develop, and train sales representatives and specialists with
clearly communicated sales and overall performance standards.
- Forecast monthly revenue projections utilizing the company CRM
- Drive standard work to funnel review process in Salesforce.com. Follow and implement account management
through Salesforce.com and provided reporting.
- Develop sales plans and strategies to increase market penetration
within Area. Participate in annual sales
strategy and OPEX planning. Develop annual sales quotas for sales representatives. Manage and control department expenses at or
below budgeted levels.
- Develop team to drive, solidify and maintain high-level relationships
within key accounts to coordinate the team in working with the IDN team
(including NA Top 10) in assigned geography.
These relationships should include Senior Hospital Management (C-Suite),
Laboratory Administration, Department of Pathology, Purchasing and/or Materials
Management, Contracts Administration and other key departments and/or
- Perform monthly funnel reviews in person or via WebEx and phone with
each report and as directed by Director of Sales Core Histology Consumables.
- Develop and implement actions plans for responsible ERD’s through
periodic meetings with ERD principals/owners (minimum: quarterly per year) and
traveling with ERD sales representatives.
- Approve pricing and discounts, within authority, for new and
demonstration instrument sales.
- Maintain strategy, support and pricing consistency between sales
territories for National/Regional Accounts and National contracts.
- Plan and coordinate semi-annual Area Sales Meetings. Attend and staff
national or local sales meetings.
- Ensure direct sales representative, specialists and ERD’s achieve and
exceed individual quarterly and annual sales quota, strategic and unit sales
- Travel with sales representatives providing individual coaching and
professional development to each member of the regional selling team (target 3
days per week or 60% of available time).
- Complete Field Sales Management Reports and distribute report for each
- Develop and facilitate territory and regional sales plans in
conjunction with the Director of Sales Core Histology Consumables, to support
- Maintain a working knowledge of consumable products, customer
applications and key customer needs and requirements for the Histology
- Maintain a working knowledge of competitor‘s product and their methods
of selling as a means to assist direct sales representatives, specialists and
ERD’s in competitive selling situations.
- Maintain relationships with key customers and influencers at major
institutions in Area.
- BA/BS Degree in Life Science
- 5 plus years’ experience in salesPreferred
- 3 plus years’ sales management experience in selling capital equipment
- Experience in distributor management a plus
- MBA/Master’s Degree in Life Science desired
- Histology/Cytology/Immunohistochemistry market knowledge
- Salesforce.com, Funnel management & forecasting