Job ID: OTT000019
OTT Hydromet Group is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OTT Hydromet Group, a member of Hach Company, helps water resource professionals generate reliable data throughout the entire water cycle. We go beyond simply providing solutions by partnering with our customers in designing effective answers to the challenges they encounter in their vital role of monitoring the world’s water.
Proudly formed from six separate companies (OTT, Hydrolab, ADCON Telemetry, Sutron, Kipp & Zonen and Lufft), OTT Hydromet offers the combined strength and expertise of leaders in the water quality, quantity and telemetry fields and over 140 years of experience in environmental measurement.
OTT Hydromet, as part of the Environmental and Applied Sciences segment, is a proud Danaher company.
The Territory Sales Manager will be fundamental in developing and shaping the future sales of his assigned territories in North America.
The RSM is a strategic sales role focusing on building strategic relationships with Departments ofTransportation (DOT), Cities , Municipalities and Airports focused on our RWIS (Road Weather Information Systems) systems in general. This position will develop a network based on credibility, quality solutions and long-term relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Direct Sales in the assigned territories
• Develop strategic relationship/partnership with local partners and dealers.
• Understand the market and its trends, competitors, and opportunities covering the whole project process (end users, designers, Engineers & Contractors (E&C) and System Integrators (SI))
• Conduct and lead market research, including voice-of-the-customer interviews, to assess current and future customer requirements and benchmark competition.
• Support the regional saleschannels.
• Build strategic alliances and partnership with companies offering complementary products.
• Account Management, technical support and marketing initiatives when necessary
• Ability to develop and execute to a business plan and manage territory as one’s own business
• Engages stakeholders and internal resources to best serve customers
• Listens to voice of the customer and asks great questions which inspire breakthrough
• Willing to move to action quickly and not get derailed in details or fear of failure
• Uses metrics, KPI, and forecasting to self-manage productivity
• Develops, nurtures, and understands health of customer opportunity funnel and openly works with leadership and sales operations to ensure best results
• Strategic thinking capabilities.
• Ability to develop creative and strategic solutions.
• Strong communication skills and executive presence are prerequisites, as are a high degree of commercial and technical competency.
- 3 years of professional experience in direct selling of integrated technical solutions on the RWIS field or similar
- B2B experience selling complex products and solutions.
- Formal sales training and/or experience in value selling.
- Hands on experience using a CRM (i.e. Salesforce.com).
- Engineering, chemistry, process technology or related technologybachelordegreerequired
- Travel will be approximately 50%; domestic.
Thinks through and analyzes complex problems, challenges and drives to root cause. (Charts the Course)
Prioritizes effectively, acts with speed and agility. (Charts the Course)
Demonstrates deep understanding of customer expectations and end user needs. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
Actively participates in cross functional brainstorming sessions. (Drives Innovation & Growth)
Consistently drives high quality, on-time results. (Leads through DBS)
Builds and maintains good working relationships with peers and supervisors; works collaboratively. (Builds People, Teams & Organizations)
Behaves in ways that are aligned with the Danaher Standards of Conduct. (Acts with Integrity)