Our client has retained us to find an experienced individual responsible for providing effective sales, broad promotion and total market development for residential building products in the Dallas Ft. Worth territory to construction professionals throughout designated distribution channels. Employee must be able to communicate our products' value proposition to single and multi-family customers in defined territory through dealer and distributor interaction. The successful candidate will have a Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution, knowledge of residential and light commercial building practices and applications, and has a demonstrated record of success selling to architects, builders and distributor suppliers of single and multi-family and/or light commercial structures.
This position offers superior base salary, quarterly commissions, excellent profit sharing opportunity, a company auto, and other incentives and benefits. The amount listed only reflects the base; commission target is 30% ( but not restricted); plus profit sharing the last few years has been around 20%.
This position requires an individual that can currently cover Dallas/ Ft. Worth and some area west; the successful candidate will live in the area. Note: there are no direct reports, but this highly profitable manufacturer of value added construction products is the industry leader.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Time and Territory Management:
· Quantify and prioritize transactional customer segment by channel. (Buying group, distributor and retail direct).
· Identify channel key influencers and indirect customers / contacts (builders, specifiers, architects, framers, code officials, other construction professionals) and develop long-lasting relationships with each to create an effective territory plan.
· Provide initial input and recommendations for adding or deleting to existing customer base or channels.
· Maximize sales productivity by optimizing time / travel requirements with customer needs.
· Effectively educate and sell builders and customers on the value our products bring to their homes and customers.
· Develop and utilize tools to identify profile, track and follow up on sales opportunities.
· Work with marketing and the technical group to identify trends, stay abreast of building code changes and develop ideas for new or improved products.
· Establish multi-level corporate relationships with key accounts in operations, purchasing, warranty and engineering departments.
· Work with Director of Sales and Manager of Strategic Builder Accounts to identify and target strategic builders.
· Assist Business Development Manager in identifying key GC's, Architects, and specifying entities in multi-family and light commercial markets
· Develop sales and specifications of products with key regional general contractor and architectural accounts through sales calls, product presentations and product trials.
· Leverage relationships to capitalize on regional opportunities working in concert with distribution partners and other regional sales managers.
· Identify and call on key architects and engineers servicing target markets. Win the specification through product presentations, AIA learning credit sessions and technical support.
· Ability to work with framers, contractors and architects on active job-sites.
· Account Management:
· Utilize the Annual Business Plan (ABP) process to identify top accounts, evaluate opportunities, and record execution plan.
· Partner with each top account capturing their critical decision maker(s), communication structure within the organization, and the commercial process to sell specialty products.
· Develop and execute comprehensive sales programs while targeting specific objectives with each account to achieve monthly, quarterly and annual metrics of revenue, volume and mix.
· Create, develop and maintain an active builder strategy for the region.
· Resolve as quickly as possible issues regarding customers, product or service and recommends timely corrective action to avoid future incidents. Report possible claims and or questionable material
· Maintain updated 8-week call plan and Account Management Plan for assigned territory
· Provide assigned region economic reports of housing information, panel prices, competitive information and unique market conditions / trends on the monthly Price Report (scorecard)
· Participate in ongoing activities including conference calls, weekly scorecard of activities, marketing efforts, inventory levels, new products and customer feedback
· Monitor customer financial stability, channel purchasing trends, and personnel changes
· Conduct quarterly reviews with top accounts
· Prepare, monitor and maintain annual promotional budget for the assigned region with quarterly updates.
· Administrative Duties:
· Complete timely monthly reports for travel expenses and auto mileage
· Maintain auto properly and follow safe driver procedures
· Complete and review PIP objectives and progress
· Travel throughout the assigned territory, as necessary, to visit key clients
Requirements & Preferred Competencies
1. Minimum Bachelor's Degree in a related field from an accredited institution.
2. Knowledge of residential and light commercial building practices and applications.
3. Demonstrated record of success selling to architects, builders and distributor suppliers of single and multi-family and/or light commercial structures.
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong organizational and follow up skills.
6. Strong negotiation and influencing skills.
7. Motivated self-starter with problem solving ability.
8. Excellent interpersonal skills with an acute ability to develop strong relationships with customers.
9. Willingness to travel overnight within territory for multiple nights at a time, if needed.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite programs and good analytical, software and computer skills.