The Regional Sales Manager oversees and manages the sales team, budgets and resources in a defined geographic region in order to achieve established targets for sales, expense control, and market penetration. In addition, the Regional Manager is responsible for customer relationships (both physician and administrative) in a compliant manner within the CSI business practices.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Managing and implementing change is a significant part of the job inclusive of personnel changes, sales and sales management practices, and performance expectations. Must be skilled at using data and analytics to forecast, drive results, make decisions and innovate to increase sales performance. • Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals and achieve regional sales quota. Directs Region sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Motivate, lead and inspire Sales Specialists to perform to their best abilities; provides required training and development, coaching and conducts regular calls and 3-day field visits to develop clinical and sales employees within Region. • Removes barriers and impediments to success, within scope. Insures that corporate policies and procedures are followed. Acts as a conduit for information to the home office.
- Drive to exceed targets for sales, expense controls, and account penetration. Develop robust and compelling strategic business plans updated on a quarterly basis including plans on new opportunities within the Region.
- Use all available resources (including marketing, med ed, sales support, engineers, finance, clinical, etc.) to develop effective account management strategies and capitalize on sales opportunities.
- Hire, train, develop, coach, recognize and retain high caliber sales reps committed to excellence in sales performance, people management, customer care and partner relationship building, use all available resources effectively (i.e., Finance, Sales Leadership, Operations and HR).
- Provide timely and open coaching and performance feedback, ensure a continuous process of one-on-one skill development, and swiftly address performance concerns and ensure performance management is effectively managed throughout Region. Undertake all supervisory responsibilities in a manner consistent with equal opportunity guidelines and affirmative action programs.
- Monitor, guide, and coach sales team to achieve business targets, improve selling skills (strategic and tactical) and productivity, and build sustainable customer relationships.
- Communicate, model, and monitor conformance to company ethical standards of conduct.
- Submit accurate, timely, and complete reports and paperwork regarding field activities and results, market surveys, forecasts, funnel management, expense reports, etc.
- Identify customer, competitor, and other Regional and Territory issues and communicate to appropriate personnel. Attend trade shows and sales meetings as needed.
- Minimum of 10 years medical sales experience
- Minimum of 5 years of successful people management experience
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree
- Possess a strong track record of developing direct reports
- Prior experience developing successful Regional business plans inclusive of budgets
- Strong goal setting and implementation skills demonstrated by a clear record of accomplishments in prior personal and professional pursuits
- Progressive position growth as measured by positions, Region size or sales results
- Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of the sales process and ethical business practices
- Proficiency in Windows, MS Office and sales tracking database systems. Prior experience using customer relationship management automation systems.
- Excellent communication, written and verbal skills
- Demonstrated presentation creation and delivery skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills inclusive of the ability to work with diverse groups
- Proven ability to provide and deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrated strong problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with cross-functional and cross-company representatives
- Internal candidates must have experience in field sales management with a proven record of success, people skills, record of initiative and interest indicative of management potential
- Medical device management experiencerequired
- Consistent track record of top 5% performance
- MBA (Business, Marketing or Health Care Administration)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required for Successful Job Performance:
• Demonstrated high level of sales performance in a highly technical, competitive, and volatile environment
• Demonstrated skills in account, inventory, expense, and budget management
• Demonstrated skills in sales planning , organization and execution
• Consistent success working in a variety of business conditions
• Ability to teach and educate medical personnel, peers, and technical support personnel
• Demonstrated success working in a collaborative environment
• Continual self development
• Computer (PC) literacy