The central purpose of this job role is to work as the primary contact for CMC Impact Metals’ customer base, while providing response to their needs through the company’s products and services in order to maintain good customer relationships. Equally, the Regional Sales Manager seeks out and initiates new or potential customer relationships to match CMC Impact Metals’ operational capabilities. They become involved with and interact with all parts of the Impact Metals organization to accomplish their goals. All this, while honoring the CMC corporate culture throughout the organization.
Essential Functions andResponsibilities
• Develop new opportunities in line with CMC Impact Metals’ unique capabilities
• Direct and coordinate all interactions with the existing customer base.
• Continuously grow market share with our current customer base
• To visit customers to better understand their business’ and build relationships (<50% travel)
• Become a student of the external market/competition to better direct company strategy in the various market segments in order to maximize gross profit opportunities in each.
• Work closely with the customer service and supply chain teams to continuously improve the customer experience with CMC Impact Metals.
• Accurately collect, interpret and report forecast and other customer information
• Use your considerable skillset to help develop others and build upon the current team atmosphere.
Experienceand Skill Requirements
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in the metals or related industries
• Working knowledge of common technology and software programs (MS Office, Apple, etc.)
• Minimum 2 years in an Outside Sales role
• Experience with the Heat Treating process
• Knowledge of any (or all) of our current product lines/markets:
o Merchant Bars – Trailer Industry
o Armor and High Strength Plates – Defense, Mining and Heavy Industry
o SBQ Processing – Energy Markets
• Experience selling into the metals distribution market.
• Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
• Goal-oriented approach to both business and personal life.
• Superior organizational skills
• Respectful, confident and positive demeanor in interpersonal dealings
• Uses a process-focused methodology to Sales. Displays high preparation, careful attention to detail, and obtains win-win results in customer dealings.
• Bachelors’ Degree or better is required