This position is responsible for the management, planning and administration of sales activities for the Chemical Injection Pump product lines within a designated sales territory. The total bookings target for this operating company is dependent upon expected sales activities in the designated sales territory. This position reports to the Sales Director and does not have any direct reports.
What You Will Do:
- Effectively develop and execute regional sales plans to support the strategic growth objectives while maintaining a profitable gross-margin for the region.
- Deliver annual, quarterly and monthly sales in the region with high levels of accountability, integrity and ethics.
- Develop relationships with internal sales teams, leverage synergies and promote chemical injection pumps and drive joint sales opportunities.
- Develop a strategic sales plan that identifies prospects and customers, prioritizes them according to importance and ability to provide results.
- Develop annual marketing strategy in conjunction with the Director of Sales and the inside sales team and identify joint marketing opportunities where applicable.
- Perform market assessments, competitor analyses, pricing strategies and execute counter strategies to gain market share
- Draw conclusions from market assessment data on the competitive environment and the company’s strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and targets, and provide ideas and suggestions to the leadership team.
- Set-up customer appointments to conduct sales presentations to promote, sell, and apply our complete product line in a regional sales area.
- Manage assigned accounts as well as developing new accounts, projects or other sales opportunities necessary to meet the revenue goals of an assigned geo-region and associated territories.
- Create/maintain customers relationships for new or repetitive business.
- Collaborate and provide performance feedback to Manufacture Representatives/Distributors for the area of responsibility.
- Communicate with the Sales Team and the Production Team regularly to guarantee that sales and client objectives are met.
- Provide product training at the field and corporate levels for all customer types.
- Evaluate and implement appropriate sales techniques to increase regional sales volume.
- Provide periodic sales activity report as required.
- Attend relevant product conventions, sales seminars and tradeshows.
- Manage a geo-region to deliver sales revenues, customer support and objectives as defined by the Director of Sales.
- Provide customers with technical support and expertise in reviewing specifications and applying the products.
- Manage sales, profit margins and operational expenses for designated sales territory.
- Develop and execute meaningful growth strategies that will deliver incremental & repeatable sales revenues.
- Develop and update reliable sales forecasts.
- Identify, qualify and convert project and new customer sales opportunities that will contribute to the territory revenues.
- Promote integrity and ethical behavior with customers, partners and employees according to ChampionX policies
- Develop install base in adjacent segments to diversify market share in other regions outside of O&G
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Technical expertise in oil and gas chemical injections pumps.
- Willingness to travel up to 50-75% in the specified sales territory
- Specific knowledge of Wellmark & Timberline products is preferred.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Results Oriented - Good follow up skills to ensure strategy implementation.
- Contract negotiation experience.
- Adept at managing multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Provide leadership through example and adequate direction.
- Ability to produce complex sales reports.
- Ability to communicate with customers at all levels.
- Ability to build relationship with company and customer contacts.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, mechanical engineering, business or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in customer facing, outside sales of oil and gas chemical injection pumps.
- At least 3 years of experience supporting sales teams.
- MBA, preferred.