We are seeking an experienced sales professional with experience contractor field sales, construction supply sales, construction supply management, and/or manufacturing sales within the construction industry, to join Concrete Cutting and Finishing sales team.
This is a remote position, working from a home-based office, with extensive travel within the Rocky Mountain states/region. Home office will ideally be located in or around the Denver, Colorado or surrounding area.
About Blount International
Founded in 1947 in Portland, Oregon, Blount International has grown from a small family-run saw chain operation to an international designer, manufacturer, and marketer of precision cutting tools, equipment, and accessories for consumers and professionals in more than 110 countries. Thanks to our pioneering spirit, we have transformed the cutting industry and played a key role in championing and establishing safety regulations for the industry.
At Blount, we are driven by a mission to help pros power through the toughest jobs, and we hold fast to our core values of innovation, humble leadership, global stewardship and accountability. These values inspire us to keep growing, learning and working hard to shape the landscapes in our communities in positive ways. Together, we seek to make the world a better place by offering the best brands and products for professional-grade precision cutting tools and equipment for global-end business segments.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven experience and skills in selling equipment to the construction market
- Mechanical aptitude and operational confidence to service mechanized equipment.
- Superior construction market knowledge and comprehension.
- Able to manipulate and demonstrate products effectively and comfortably in audience settings both on/off location
- Mechanically adept, with the ability to demonstrate products effectively and comfortably in audience settings
What you’ll do:
- Develop Dealer/Distributor geographical market by growing and managing customers and sales
- Drive customer demand through active product demonstrations & training to maximize product utilization of CCF Diamond Tools and Equipment
- Develop strong customer relationships through promotions, demonstrations, training, service, and technical support
- Develop new customers to align with market potential
- Grow existing customers to achieve financial targets of unit volume and sales
- Manage customer payment activity and credit worthiness in cooperation with Credit Department
- Communicate in both formal and informal formats and settings openly and candidly
- Document field activities to the organization on a weekly basis
- Maintain privileged information in confidence
- 5+ years of experience in contractor field sales, construction supply sales, construction supply management, and manufacturing sales within the construction industry
- Ability and interest in traveling by motor vehicle within territory up to and at time exceeding 75% of the work year; able to travel internationally as required
- Proficient in planning, time management, scheduling and organizing; able to start and complete tasks within targeted deadlines
- Willing to learn through risk-taking and ownership of mistakes
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Explorer); data management skills preferred
- Able to operate remotely using residence as home-based office
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Marketing preferred