Carlisle Construction Materials (CCM), is a global leader in the building materials industry. We've been around since 1917. In just the past six years, our company has grown by nearly 70%.
If you love a good challenge, you'll fit right in.
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join our Versico team on the West Coast. The Sales Manager will cover Nevada, California, Oregon, and Washington state and will manage the daily responsibilities associated with the sales of Versico's roofing products within the assigned territory. The regional manager is also responsible for the direction and management of manufacturer's representatives, distributors and Versico sales personnel to ensure achievement of sales objectives.
This position will require approximately 60% overnight travel.
- Manage and direct the sales efforts of the region's manufacturer's representatives and distributors to ensure their efforts are in compliance with the annual operating plan. This duty requires considerable travel to meet personally with rep, distributors, contractors, etc. to promote Versico, its products and programs to all levels of these organizations. Create and implement Territory Development Plans (TDP's). TDP's will be developed in conjunction with Reps and Distributors to ensure Versico sales plan and objectives are clearly communicated
- Manage the personnel assigned to the regional manager. This includes supervision of daily activities, hiring, training and development of personnel.
- Regularly call on roofing contractors to promote Versico systems and products. Develop relationship with key decision makers. Develop and supervise contractor programs and promotions and make adjustments as needed to insure maximum effectiveness. Assist sales team in maintaining existing customers as well as development of the new ones.
- Call on building owners, architects and consultants to develop Versico specifications. Additionally, perform calls and seminars for these individuals to educate them on the merits of Verscio's various systems and products.
- Interface with other company departments to achieve sales objectives. This includes field problem solving and negotiating to satisfy company and customer objectives, which may conflict. Consistently report market information and deliver feedback to departments. This will include such things as market conditions, competitive pricing and programs.
- Provide management with written correspondence and monthly reports to cover all aspects of the region that impact sales.
- It is required that you live in CA or OR.
- A Bachelor's degree is Required.
- 5 years in a sales environment within the roofing/construction industry.
- 2 years of experience in effectively managing people, either company employed persons or manufacturers' representative/distributor personnel.
- Working knowledge of the construction industry and the process of competitive bidding. Relationships between the owner, architect, construction manager, general contractor and sub-contractors must be understood.
When you join CCM, you'll become part of a team that looks out for you, listens to your ideas and appreciates your work. We think we've got something pretty special here, and our employees seem to agree.