Include but are not limited to the following. Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- Maintains good working relationships with existing customers and provides them with technical and marketing support
- Conducts sales training for customer sales personnel
- Conducts product information meetings for consulting nutritionists, producers, veterinarians, etc.
- Contacts potential customers and sources of new business and informs them of the products the Company offers. Maintains a database of current customers, prospects and influencers
- Maintains a weekly sales call and expense reporting system according to established procedures.
- Responsible for customer accounts receivable and personally contacts customers with accounts over 30 days past due and arranges for collection
- Develops and maintains contacts with university researchers, extension specialists and veterinarians. Provides current DVM research information and assists in identifying university and field research projects (with the Directors of Ruminant Technical Services)
- Attends trade shows and conventions to represent the Company and keep abreast of the competition and the industry
- Is constantly alert to competitor activities and products. Collects samples, literature, labels, etc. and forwards to the Directors of Ruminant Technical Services as well as the Directors of North American Ruminant Business
- Works with the Directors of North American Ruminant and the Director of Global Marketing to develop and implement customer marketing plans
- Maintains company auto by keeping it clean and in good repair. Properly maintains other equipment as assigned
- Coordinates efforts to sell and maintain designated team accounts by working closely with the District Sales Manager and the Directors of North American Ruminant
- Identifies advertising and promotional projects that may benefit the manager’s sales efforts. Work with the Directors of North American Ruminant to develop plans
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE:
- Attainment of business plan goals
- Customer satisfaction and product loyalty
- Soundness of operational decisions
- Effectiveness of working relationships with RSMs and others at the company, which includes communication, cooperation and team effort
- Reports directly to the District Sales Manager
- Works closely with all sales, marketing and support personnel
- Appropriate contact with research and development personnel
This position is posted internally as well as externally
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet.
- Bachelor’s degree with 5 or more years of dairy sales experience OR
- High School Diploma or equivalent with 10 or more years of dairy sales experience
- Experience working with the Michigan Region in the Ruminant (dairy and beef) space
- Valid drivers license
- Daily travel up to 80% of the time; overnight traveling up to 50%.
- Training in animal nutrition
- Practical experience or background with farms and livestock
- Must have strong verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to write clearly and understandably for business letters, memos, reports, etc.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and organize work effectively
- Must be a self-starter
- Considerable mental concentration is required to work effectively under constant time pressures and with frequent interruption
- Good analytical ability: Identify and analyze problems, with limited standard procedures; propose reasonable solutions, make logical decisions, carry out decisions made and follow up when appropriate
- Mathematical skills: Ability to accurately apply concepts of mathematics and statistics to practical situations
- Ability to maintain the integrity of highly confidential business information
- Extensive sedentary work involving sitting in a car or at a desk for extended periods of time
- Walking, standing and exerting up to 50 pounds of force are required occasionally
- Regularly required to use hands and fingers to grasp, and/or feel objects or controls
- Talking, hearing, reading, writing, bending/stooping, and climbing stairs are required
- Required to use lap-top computer, video projector, mobile phone, and other electronic equipment as needed.
- Duties require close vision, distance vision and depth perception
- Involves some outside work with possible exposure to temperature extremes