We are seeking a Regional Sales Manager for our Account Management team that will be responsible for a team of accomplished Account Managers who are passionate about changing the lives of students through literacy education.
The Regional Sales Manager will create and execute renewal and current account business expansion strategies while also working towards building new accounts in: small to mid sized school districts, charter management organizations, and non-public schools across defined geographic regions that are in line with defined business objectives. The Regional Manager will motivate, mentor and guide their teams to record-breaking sales of our educational software and services by identifying and overcoming obstacles, implementing best practices and by aligning sales initiatives with the work of other departments across the company.
Location: Ideal candidate will reside in the Great Plains/West territory.
- Configure sales territories and assign quotas in defined geographic regions
- Maintain a robust sales pipeline and provide both timely and accurate forecasts to Sales leadership
- Ensure regional team members reach KPI and sales performance benchmarks
- Collaborate with other Regional Sales Managers, Sales leadership and internal stakeholders to develop and execute on state and regionally specific plans
- Collaborate effectively with managers and staff across departments in order to develop revenue generating opportunities and meet customer needs
- Work with Account Managers to create and execute on territory plans and targeted account strategies that maximize on the opportunities identified in each specific territory
- Provide ongoing coaching and mentoring to Account Managers through facilitated 1:1s, call shadowing, and activity reviews
- Support Account Managers throughout the sales process, from prospecting and needs analysis, through product presentations and price quote, and onward to multi-year partnerships
- Collaborate with the Training Team to build out and maintain sales development coaching schedules, a development playbook and other professional growth opportunities for team members
Key Leadership Attributes
- Inspire others to embrace our mission, culture, values, and goals
- Lead by example
- Be curious about our customer’s challenges and assemble creative solutions
- Think strategically, innovate and respond to market opportunities effectively
- Focus on providing an exceptional customer experience
- Build a team that listens to customer’s needs, fulfills commitments and delivers world-class solution
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement that encourages everyone to develop subject matter and marketplace expertise
- Build teamwork by communicating important and relevant information with staﬀ and across departments
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of successful client facing sales experience managing both renewal and new business accounts
- Experience managing and developing a sales team to success preferred
- Experience in K12 educational technology and/or SaaS software market highly preferred
- Experience managing formal sales processes and methodologies both in person and remote via web conferencing.
- Proven track record of success in a fast paced, high volume and high growth environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills and strong analytical skills
- Proﬁcient user of CRM (Salesforce), MS Office and Google Suites, video conferencing software and other technology-based productivity tools
- Ability to develop high quality customer relationships and collaborate with other departments on strategies to achieve revenue goals
- Ability to travel up to 20%