Here at Berkeley Lights, we think cells are awesome! Cells are capable of manufacturing cures for diseases, fibers for clothing, energy in the form of biofuels, and food proteins for nutrition. So the question is, if nature is capable of manufacturing the products we need in a scalable way, why aren't we doing more of this? Well, the answer is that with the solutions available today, it is hard. Berkeley Lights is here to change all of that! Our extremely sophisticated proprietary technology and Beacon® and LightningTM systems accelerate the rate researchers can discover and develop cell-based products in a fraction of the time and at a fraction of the cost of conventional, legacy research methods. Using our tools and solutions, scientists can find the best cells, the first time they look.
Our goal is to continue to collaborate with customers to drive the adoption of our technologies, making cell-based products and therapeutics more easily accessible the world over! You will play a major role here in the sale of these technologies, and our success will depend on you! We have been changing how the world develops cell-based products since 2011, and now our family of around 200 employees welcomes you to consider joining us on this incredible journey.
We are currently hiring for an experienced Sales Professional. In this role, you will lead sales efforts in the assigned region while managing appropriate reporting and bringing the voice of the customer into the organization. A collaborative and supportive mindset is required to enable customer and organizational success.
- Achieve or exceed designated territory revenue attainment plan.
- Provide regular and accurate sales forecast updates.
- Drive strategic business expansion opportunities with select large pharma/biotech companies pursuing improvements in cell line development and antibody discovery programs.
- Develop and maintain relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs), CxOs, SVPs, VPs, Directors and Scientists at assigned accounts, in part by keeping them informed of the latest developments in Berkeley Lights' technology.
- Structure strategic plans for gaining new clients while retaining and expanding existing relationships.
- Develop and manage territory plan detailing activity for territory sales pipeline with prioritized leads, prospects, and qualified opportunities.
- Collaborate with colleagues responsible for management and delivery of customer feasibility and milestone programs to ensure successful attainment of program objectives for customers located within the territory.
- Work closely with the commercial leaders to drive the commercial strategy as it relates to products and services in pre-sales and post-selling activities. This will include developing and maintaining financial and forecast models.
- Continually analyze competitive landscapes and environment within assigned accounts to determine territory trends and provide customer feedback to Berkeley Lights' Sales leadership.
- Evangelize and embody our customer success and respect driven culture at all times to external and internal constituents.
- Proven ability to sell capital equipment and service programs which provide an integrated BioPharma solution.
- BA/BS or MS degree in Life Sciences, Ph.D preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' of direct account management experience in life science tools to BioPharma customers with a history of meeting or exceeding annual revenue goals.
- Demonstrated track record of success with significant revenue generation to pharmaceutical or relevant biotechnology companies.
- Ability to engage in a consultative selling process that overcomes objections while connecting client needs with Berkeley Lights' capabilities.
- Successful record selling at the executive and VP levels.
- Keen understanding of the environment, relevant topics and business drivers in the BioPharma antibody discovery and cell line development markets.
- Ability to work independently, communicate proactively, manage multiple accounts and prioritize daily tasks while managing critical deadlines.
- Ability to maintain an outstanding level of market, customer, distribution and product knowledge necessary to accomplish sales objectives.
- Excellent negotiation and customer service skills.
- Outstanding strategic sales account planning skills.
- Superior listening and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a very high level of confidentiality.
- Demonstrate consistent closing abilities throughout the sales cycle.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced presentation skills and business acumen are a necessity, demonstrated by proficiency with Microsoft Office -particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Possess a positive attitude and an understanding of the dynamics involved with organizational growth and change in an early stage company.
- Frequent travel throughout the territory as needed [Post Covid]