The eCommerce B2B Regional Sales Manager, Wine & Spirits, is responsible for working closely with our Wine & Spirits Distributors in the rapidly evolving eCommerce Sales landscape. Firstly, this position is responsible for advising and partnering with our Distributors to develop and implement the eCommerce and Omnichannel facets of selling and executing our sales and marketing programs. Responsibilities include working with Field Sales teams to educate, plan, execute and coordinate the eCommerce/Omnichannel facets of the Distributor’s Annual Business Plan. Secondly, the position is responsible for collaboratively developing and managing Constellation’s Annual Business Plan on the various business-to-business (B2B) eCommerce Distributor ordering platforms.
This position will report into the Wine & Spirits SVP, General Sales Managers and have a dotted reporting line into the Director of eCommerce Sales and Category Management.
B2B Distributor eCommerce/Omnichannel Integration
- This position will be responsible for developing processes/programs to further integrate eCommerce/Omnichannel ways of workings, best practices and opportunities with Field Sales and Distributor teams
- This position will work with Field Sales teams to educate, plan, execute and coordinate the eCommerce/Omnichannel facets of the Distributor’s Annual Business Plan.
- This position will collaborate closely with Constellation’s Sales Strategy and eCommerce teams to ladder up to broader business performance goals and initiatives
- This position requires a constant drive to stay up to date with eCommerce/Omnichannel trends as well as technology and emerging capability opportunities
- This position will champion and educate B2B eCommerce opportunities and success across the organization
B2B Distributor eCommerce Platforms
- This position will be responsible for and manage our B2B eCommerce platform strategy, partnership and performance with our Distributors on their platforms
- This position will build a collaborative Annual Business Plan and roadmap with each Distributor’s B2B platform partner and identify appropriate integrations
- This position will build a collaborative eCommerce/Omnichannel Annual Business Plan that articulates the intersection, ways of working and business goal expectations between our Field Sales teams and Distributor partners.
- This position will collaborate with Marketing and Content/Catalog Management to create engaging and relevant content in support of Constellation’s brands on the Distributor’s B2B platform
- This position will partner with regional Sales Directors to prepare and execute programming that aligns with regional program calendars.
- This position will drive execution of Annual Business Plan and provide regular analytics, insights and performance reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- This position will measure and optimize Constellation’s brand portfolio performance to improve visibility, engagement and purchase conversion of our portfolio
- A Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent job experience.
- A minimum of 5 or more years experience in the consumer-packaged goods industry.
- Consumer products, beverage or food industry experience
- Proven track record in building good relationships with retail customers, internal associates and wholesalers.
- Demonstrated ability to take the initiative to gather and use customer feedback to identify customer and market needs and challenges.
- Demonstrated diligence and ability to follow through on all commitments (internal and external stakeholders).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and must be able to communicate effectively across all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve performance goals with a minimum of direction.
- Proven analytical skills and understanding of syndicated data and its applicability to beverage alcohol categories is required.
- Computer literacy with the ability to learn and use various software including Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrated technical skills required for the preparation of professional and effective sales presentations.
- Marketing and/or Sales experience in the beverage alcohol industry
- eCommerce/Digital Commerce marketplace/platform experiences such Amazon, Walmart, Google, eBay or other B2B eCommerce marketplaces strongly preferred
- Digital Performance/Media Marketing experience
Physical Requirements/Work Environment
- Work Environment:
- Must be able to stand, walk, sit.
- Must be able to move up to 55 lbs.
- Use hands to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms.
- Climb or balance stairs/ladders.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk and hear.
- Must have close vision, distant vision, and ability to adjust focus, peripheral vision.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
- Must have a valid driver's license, be able to drive a car and travel via plane/train as needed.
- Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time and work on a computer for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 40% of his/her working time, including up to 5 hours driving time.