You will lead a dynamic sales team responsible for generating sales in the disruptive, growing point of care diagnostics industry. The sales cycle is highly-complex and involves multiple stakeholders across several hospital service lines. You will be responsible for providing leadership through direction, motivation, coaching, skill development, and knowledge sharing to lead your team to execute sales strategies that result in financial goal attainment, strong customer loyalty and staff development. You will continue Abbott’s 130-year tradition of bringing new products and technologies to the world that create more possibilities for more people at all stages of life.
- Hire, develop and mentor extraordinary sales professionals who execute complex, long-term sales strategies in large, high-priority opportunities that address customer pain-points and maximize long-term partnerships with Abbott Point of Care (APOC)
- Ensure achievement of sales and commercial objectives across assigned region
- Profitably manage P&L; effectively and efficiently manage administrative duties
- Synthesize customer and competitor insights, market and industry challenges, and APOC product solutions to drive long-term strategies and foster long-term customer relationships
- Partner with internal colleagues to ensure your customers meet or exceed contractual obligations
- Willing to travel 50% within assigned region. Overnight travel may be necessary.
- Associate's degree acceptable with comparable and relevant experience. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experiencepreferred. MBA is highly desirable.
- Typically requires 7+ years of experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of and documented success in value-based solution selling
- Ability to influence and lead both with and without direct authority
- Ability to build and develop a sales team which consistently meets or exceeds targets
- Executive-level business and financial acumen with strong negotiation skills