Key Job Responsibilities
- Develops sales operations plans and targets for a sales territory (region) in consultation with the Director of Sales
- Establishes sales strategies to drive profitable growth including the development of defenses against competitive threats.
- Supporting the sales leaders in developing relationships with the sales people in order to fully execute sales initiatives and meet Key Performance Indicators.
- Leads and develops the Sales Leaders through a disciplined coaching process in his/her role of managing day to day sales operations in line with the BBU values and direct store delivery selling process.
- Accountable for the oversight of the entire order process to ensure effectiveness and retail satisfaction.
- Quantifies and articulates sales information and objectives on a regular basis upward, laterally and downward.
- Responsible for the maintenance of exceptional customer and trade relations.
- Develops strategic execution plans to support the brand marketing plans.
- Coordinates the collaborative effort with all sales support functions (Account Management, Distribution, Marketing, Finance, Manufacturing, and Direct Store Delivery Excellence Teams) to ensure seamless execution of sales initiatives.
- Assumes responsibility for implementing special projects as needed as requested by Leadership.
- Directly supervises: Market and Operational Sales Leaders.
- Provides oversight to all Bakery Outlet Stores strategy and operation.
- Responsible for positively impacting the P&L through cost containment measures and effective management of labor costs.
- Drive and support the achievement of safety goals; coach and lead the awareness of safety programs accordingly to eliminate unsafe acts, eliminate workplace injuries, and lead local organization to achieve the goal of zero injuries and maintain and enforce BBU Food Safety and internal audit standards.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- 5-7 years of sales management experience with demonstrated significant accomplishments.
- Experience leading salaried associates with team responsibility.
- Exceptional knowledge and history of accomplishments in sales and management roles.
- Account executive exposure a plus.
- Proven track record of effective leadership including people development.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is required.
- Travel is required, 50 %.