Join our team as a highly motivated Sales Engineer with proven experience in selling power electronic products to development engineers. You'll manage territory booking goals, sales representative management, distribution engagement, and providing overall customer satisfaction.
Using your technical knowledge and sales skills, you'll advise & support our customers on a range of products. You'll engage existing and prospective customer engineers with design-ins and bids for existing and new products. You'll stay engaged at all technical levels, electrical /mechanical design, components, engineering management, and program management, to obtain new opportunity design-ins on production platforms.Responsibilities
- Responsible for sales volume, forecasting and sales growth, by maintaining existing customer base and increasing new customer base within designated sales territory.
- Identify new program opportunities that will generate a minimum of $100k per year in orders for each design-in opportunity.
- Call on current and potential customers such as engineers, designers, or other professional and technical personnel in the Defense, Aerospace and Space market segments and convince prospective clients of desirability and practicability of products offered.
- Support distributions sales growth via trainings, support, joint calls, joint marketing and goal setting.
- Manage and follow up on leads in local territory.
- Review customer drawings, plans, and other customer documents to develop and prepare cost estimates and properly engineered products.
- Provide technical support to clients relating to operation of motors, drives and related products.
- Prepare and present customer quotations, trainings, seminars, call reports, and special reports as directed.
- Work with Accounts Receivables to collect delinquent payments.
- Prepare and submit sales reports.
- Share market information working with other departments throughout the organization.
- Participate in the Sales Engineer Certification Program as related to the Technical Knowledge of products.
- Use CRM as necessary to record customer information.
- Identify current and future customer program opportunities and engages with customer and supplier engineering to present and close new product designs.
- Establish new accounts and services accounts by identifying potential customers; planning and organizing sales call schedule.
- Determine improvements by analyzing cost-benefit ratios of equipment, supplies, or service applications in customer environment; engineering or proposing changes in equipment, processes, or use of materials or services.
- Gain customer acceptance by explaining or demonstrating products.
- Submit orders by conferring with technical support staff; costing engineering changes.
- Develop customer's staff by providing technical information and training.
- Prepare sales engineering reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales information and engineering and application trends.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to sales engineering effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing directives.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
- Problem Solving, Product Knowledge, Selling to Customer Needs, Software Requirements, Product Development, Presentation Skills, General Programming Skills, Technical Understanding, Verbal Communication, Requirements Analysis, Innovation.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree and 5 years of sales experience in the aerospace & defense industry