$200K — $250K *
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer’s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks - like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. And, we are also at the forefront of optical security – we bend light to develop and deliver optical solutions that provide security to the world’s currencies and safety and performance applications for consumer electronics and spectrometry.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected – at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company - to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
VIAVI’s Enterprise/Cloud Group is looking to hire a Regional Sales Director for the Western Region in the US to support the industry-leading NPMD business segment. This position will work from a home office and be located remotely in a major market.
· Responsible for sales growth in assigned territory, including overseeing account executives
· Sells products by maintaining and expanding customer base; managing staff.
· Meets regional sales financial objectives by forecasting monthly and quarterly quota; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
· Establishes sales objectives by creating a sales plan and quota for territories in support of national objectives
· Achieves regional sales operational objectives by contributing regional sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining regional sales system improvements; implementing change.
· Maintains and expands customer base by counseling territory sales representatives; building and maintaining rapport with key customers; identifying new customer opportunities.
· Recommends product lines by identifying new product opportunities, and/or product, packaging, and service changes; surveying consumer needs and trends; tracking competitors.
· Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks.
· Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
· 7+ years of progressive outside sales experience, including managing account executives.
· 7+ years of experience developing long-term customer partnerships up to and including the C-level (customer acquisition, development, and retention).
· Able to travel up to 50% of the time
· Hold a valid Driver's License.
· 7+ years of enterprise network sales experience.
· Strong planning, organizational, and territory management skills.
· Demonstrated skills in teamwork effectiveness across all functional areas.
· Creative, motivated individual with assertive consultative selling, conceptual selling, and negotiation skills.
· PC proficient in a Windows environment with the MS Office Suite.
· Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills.
· Experience with Network Instruments products a big plus
If you have what it takes to push boundaries and seize opportunities, apply to join our team today.
Valid through: 10/26/2021