Versa was founded in the year 2012 by a highly experienced team with the vision of “Transforming the business of networking”.
We provide a cloud IP software platform that transforms network and security infrastructure for enterprises and service providers. The goal of the Versa Cloud IP Platform is to provide unprecedented business advantages through a software-based approach that allows for unmatched agility, cost savings and flexibility.
We are looking for senior sales candidates with 10 years of Large Enterprise Sales experience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Region Sales Director to join our team. This sales role is responsible for account development and/or expanding existing global accounts within an established geographic territory, overall sales strategies and results of a major geographic/continental area, region, or country to achieve quota.
The Region Sales Director will plan and direct all sales activities including planning and implementing forecasts, developing policies as well as staffing and training. The role requires working on complex technical projects and or business issues requiring state of the art technical knowledge or industry know-how.
- Sell architecture to new and/or current customers in an assigned region to achieve or exceed assigned quota
- Contact prospective customers to determine needs and perform sales presentations to match company’s products and identified needs
- Prospect and develop business, respond to RFPs, and develop proposals for presentation to customer
- Coordinate account resources with representatives from marketing, pre-sales engineering, and development
- Remain knowledgeable of Versa’s portfolio to facilitate sales effort
- Responsible for pre-sales function as needed
- Communicate goals in “solution” or project goal terms
- Maintain sales records and prepares sales reports as required
- Provide follow up with customers to ensure customer satisfaction with products provided
- Maintain a 180-day rolling forecast
- Manage all aspects of the evaluation program
- Understand competition in region and general business climate
- Possess and continually develop and maintain the strongest of skills through advanced training, study and work experience
- Continually work on being self-taught as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist
- Understand and be an expert at SaaS and Cloud selling economics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training in business or sales management required.
- Minimum of Eight (10) years selling experience in high tech sales required.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills required.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly required.
- Highly motivated sales starter and ability to work independently required.
- Proven impressive ability to find ways over, under, around & through barriers required.
- Must be extremely sensitive & adaptive to both stated and unstated customer needs.
- Experience creating focused, collaborative, results-driven teams (internal & partners)
- Proven, consistent over achievement of sales quotas required
- Proven track record of exceeding customer expectations required.
- Ironclad integrity required.
- Ability to manage multiple objectives, tasks and clients required.
- Ability to prospect and qualify potential accounts required.
- Proven ability to be self-taught required, as formal training in emerging technologies may not exist.