SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for and lead a team of Key Account Managers (KAMs) in an assigned multi-state region. The regional team will be responsible for the achievement of specific sales goals and targets. The Regional Sales Director will implement sales and marketing strategies with their team and ensure all team activities are compliant with company guidelines.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing regional business resources to provide support to key accounts and customers.
- Drive performance by effectively and proactively using all sales and marketing data to target appropriate accounts in assigned region.
- Meet with key accounts/customers to assist in developing strategic relationships in the region.
- Coach, train and counsel KAMs to meet sales objectives and to overcome performance deficiencies.
- Execute plans and strategies within agreed timelines and budgets.
- Partner and collaborate with managed markets, medical affairs, regulatory and otherinternal stakeholders to ensure alignment of activities and achievement of company objectives.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5 + years with a successful track record in a Field Sales leadership/Management role or 10+ years in Pharmaceutical/Specialty experience in roles of increasing responsibility.
- Pharmaceutical: 10 years
- Sales Management preferred: 5 years
- Experience working in the office based administration and reimbursement of expensive drugs/biologics.
- Strong clinical selling and coaching skills that maximize KAMs effectiveness
- Performance management adeptness
- Evidence of successfully coaching and training that drives high performance
- Clinical selling experience of complex drugs/biologics to medical specialists
- Specialty Pharmacy distribution knowledge
- Experience utilizing third party Patient Access Programs with customers
- Strong Managed Care experience with Public (Medicare & Medicaid) and Private (Commercial) payers.
- Thorough understanding of all compliance regulations
- Frequent travel to include overnights on a weekly basis
- This role requires significant travel.