Wonderful Citrus Packing LLC
The Regional Sales Director will be responsible for strategic retailer and new business development for their assigned customer base and new opportunities. The ideal candidate has an extensive Produce background, a passion for securing new business, and an ability to develop customer relationships at a senior level. In addition to day-to-day management of assigned accounts, the role will be supported at a transactional level by the Internal Sales team in California. This is a customer-facing role with expected strong and consistent customer interaction.
Here's what you'll do:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop and manage large to mid-sized retail-based accounts and update regularly.
- Understand inventory levels and fruit movement across the business to meet customer needs - expectation of volume movement driven by multiple channels.
- Contribute to the overall planning, programming, and execution of the overall book of business.
- Heavy collaboration with category directors to align on moving fruit volumes to outlets.
- Work in conjunction with other team members to execute strategy nationally.
- Understanding the commodities being sold and understand market trends which influence pricing and volume decisions.
- Evaluate data and make key business decisions.
- Direct development of short and long-term strategic volume goals.
- Partner with leadership team to ensure the best possible service and effective communication to Wonderful Citrus customers.
- Attend trade shows as a representative of Wonderful Citrus.
- Maintain contacts across Wonderful Citrus to efficiently leverage resource and realize new sales opportunities.
- Travel up to 50%
Here's what you'll bring to the table:
- Bachelor's degree in Business discipline, Sales and Marketing major is highly preferred.
- 7+ years of sales experience in produce, perishables or commodity products or as a grower, packer and shipper.
- Experience in sales and service systems development and deployment.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others to obtain objectives in a high-performing team.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills at all levels. (Verbal and written)
- Commitment to company values.
- Ability to travel up to 50%.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Enterprise Resource Management systems.
- Must be able to write reports, business correspondence and to effectively present information and respond to questions from sales staff, vendors and customers.
Here's what we'll bring to the table:
- Wonderful Giving -- a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program* - $1,500 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral. *Taxes Applicable
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
Wonderful Citrus is America's largest integrated grower, shipper and packer of fresh citrus, including clementine/mandarin, navel and Valencia oranges; lemons; limes; grapefruits; and other citrus varieties. Wonderful Citrus owns, cultivates and harvests more than 58,000 acres of fresh citrus and ships around the world each year to ensure a year-round supply. Our citrus can be found in all channels of distribution, with our consumer brands most visible in the produce department of grocery stores across America under the flagship consumer brands of Wonderful Halos mandarins and Wonderful Sweet Scarletts Texas Red grapefruit.